Grant Thornton offers therapy for partners
- Retailers face tougher IRS rules. // Discount Store News;3/4/96, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p14
Reports on tax experts at Grant Thornton's warning of the potential Internal Revenue Service (IRS) danger for retailers that made a bulk inventory purchase at bargain cost if they use the last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory accounting method.
- Seminar on IPOs. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/16/96, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p12
Reports that New York-based accounting and management consulting firm Grant Thornton LLP is co-sponsoring a seminar on raising capital through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) on September 19, 1996. Seminar schedule; Activities.
- Quality services office opens here. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/95, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p30
Reports on Grant Thornton's opening of its first Quality, Environmental and Regulatory Services office in Cleveland, Ohio. Services to be provided by the office.
- China identified as main threat to U.S. manufacturers. // Practical Accountant;Sep97, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p10
Reports on a survey by Grant Thornton LLP, which indicated that China is the main competitor to manufacturers in the United States. Contents of survey.
- Correction. // Business North Carolina;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p19
Presents a correction to the North Carolina 100 chart, compiled by Grant Thornton LLP in the October issue of the "Business North Carolina" periodical.
- Grant Thornton seminar on tech investment. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/13/97, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p10
Provides information about the Grant Thornton-sponsored seminar `Getting Your Money's Worth From Your Technology Investments'. Seminar schedule; Venue; Objectives; Topics that will be discussed.
- High hopes. // Accountancy;Dec1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1180, p14
Reports on fund raising efforts by the British accounting firm Grant Thornton LP for British athletes joining the Olympic Games in 1992.
- Grant Thornton Prize. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2006, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p100
A photograph is presented depicting the awarding of Edward Clarke the first place of the Grant Thornton Prize on the Business Administration in Accounting and Finance degree.
- Grant Thornton Starts Risk Practice. // Practical Accountant;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the inauguration of the Business Risk Services unit of Grant Thornton in Chicago, Illinois. Customer services; Reasons for an increased demand of internal audit services; Management of business-related risks.