'Make staff the agents of change.'
- ENGAGEMENT. Stevens, Michelle // People Management;Mar2012, p16
The article focuses on the vice-president of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain, Nita Clarke, who talks about the importance of promoting employees' engagement with industrial relations skills that prevent workplace disputes. The government-backed...
- Freedom to improve is key to public productivity. // Personnel Today;3/11/2008, p6
The article reports that Nita Clarke, a leading employee relations expert has stated that public sector workers must be given more freedom to improve the services their organisations offer. Clarke, who is director at workplace consultation body the IPA says that making the most of workers'...
- Engagement is the opening message. // Employee Benefits;May2010, p14
The article reports on the opening discussion to be given by Nita Clarke, director of the Involvement and Participation Association, at the Employee Benefits Summit on June 9 to 11, 2010 in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
- Engagement boosts business, says Clarke. // Employee Benefits;Jul2010, p15
The article highlights the statement of Nita Clarke, deputy chairwoman of the British government's Review on employee participation, concerning the potential loss that disengaged workers could cause on the overall productivity of business enterprises in Great Britain.
- A sociedade de austeridade: Poder, medo e direito do trabalho de exceï¿½ï¿½o. FERREIRA, ANT�NIO CASIMIRO // Revista Crï¿½tica de Ciï¿½ncias Sociais;dez2011, Issue 95, p119
This article identifies some of the social and legal consequences associated with the implementation of austerity measures, paying particular attention to changes in the sphere of employment. Beginning with a general discussion of the notion of the austerity society, it then develops a critical...
- Dollars and sense. LaWell, Matthew // Smart Business San Diego;Dec2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses ways to create great and sound relationship with accountant and how to cut down one's budget. It states that communication is one vital way to engage and make accountant understand the strategy and business imperatives of the company. It mentions that business managers need...
- Kansas House OKs Cuts in Aid, Salaries. Watts, Jim // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/11/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the approval of Kansas to cut its budget for state aid to local school districts and reduces salaries for government executives due to revenue shortfall in fiscal 2011.
- More Cuts this Session for Kansas. // Capitol Ideas;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that the state of Kansas will experience more budget cuts in 2010 following its cut of 259 million dollars in the state budget in 2009.
- Bloomberg Rips State Budget; Warns of Cuts, Layoffs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p7
The article highlights the statement from New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg regarding the proposed budget cuts that would cost the city 1.3 billion dollars and activate 19,000 lay offs.