One Potato, Two Potato
- Why potatoes reign as `king of comfort foods.' // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the amount of dishes in which potatoes can be used, highlighting the demand for the produce in the United States. Reference to some of the dishes which incorporate the use of potatoes; Healthy aspects of potato consumption; Recommended prices for some types of potatoes; How most...
- How sweet it is. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Presents various sweet potato recipes. Gypsy Soup; Sweet Potato Surprise; Moroccan Stew; Nutritional information per serving.
- Aged Gorgonzola Potato Pancakes with Fried Sweet Onions and Greens. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/28/95, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p20
Presents the recipe for Aged Gorgonzola Potato Pancakes with Fried Sweet Onion and Greens.
- Forget about fries -- fine dining's newest potato trend is cakes and pies. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;8/28/95, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p20
Reports on trend of serving potato cake and pie dishes in restaurants in the United States. Main dishes paired with potato cakes; Serving of potato cake with fish dishes; Offering of potato cakes as side dishes.
- New fangled fries. Segerstrom, Ann // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p137
Presents different kinds of french fry presentations by various restaurants. Olga's Kitchen's curlicue fries; Miss Albany's Diner's three degrees of `doneness' in french fries; Eat-A-Burger's fries enhanced with a Cajun spice blend; Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant's garlic fries; Fishkill's...
- The great mashed potato debate. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;11/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p98
Presents cooking techniques for potatoes. Selection of potato varieties; Effect of flavorings and spices on different potato dishes; List of recipes.
- Brave new potatoes. Lydecker, Toni // Restaurant Business;09/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 17, p78
Describes the different preparations of potatoes. Basic methods of potato cookery common to restaurants in the United States; Details of potato-recipe creation, the choice of potatoes, gathering of complementary ingredients and plating; Customers' choice of potatoes over rice or pasta top go...
- The recipes. // Restaurant Business;09/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 17, p84
Presents various potato recipes. Inside-Out Shepherd's Pie; Three-Potato Gratin; Ligurian Calamari Salad; Roast Squab Salad with Sauteed Mushrooms; Chopped Avocado Club; Wisconsin Limburger and Fruit Pizza.
- In praise of the spud. Haedrich, K. // Country Journal;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p87
Presents four recipes using potatoes. Garlic-roasted potatoes; Potato and sorrel frittata; Potatoes Dauphinois; Potato and cauliflower paprikash.