Shrinking Catered Affairs
- Sbarro added to mix: West Virginia Univ. expands leasing deals. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p12
Reveals that West Virginia University added Sbarro to its foodcourt brand-mix under a lease-space agreement. Offering of a full variety of pastas; Presentation of pizza concepts.
- CAMPUS SNACK BAR: BITS AND BYTES PICKS UP. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
Provides information on the Bits and Bytes snack bar at the Evansdale campus of the West Virginia University. Average check in the operation; Items offered at the snack bar; Plans of the snack bar for the branding of its products.
- ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE: DESSERT SENSIBILITY. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p108
Offers a look at the dessert food service operations at four institutions in the United States. Seton Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas; Logansport Memorial Hospital in Indiana; West Virginian Wesleyan College in Buckhannon; Grant Regional Health Center in Lancaster, Wisconsin.
- DESSERT BARS PROVIDE A LITTLE: HANDHELD HEAVEN. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p96
Deals with desserts offered by food service businesses in U.S. campuses. Cost of pastries from Intermezzo Cafe at the University of Kentucky in Lexington; Dessert bars from Aramark in Oxford College in Georgia; Bakery goods from The Wildcatessen at the University of New Hampshire in Durham.
- UTSA DEBUTS GRAB-AND-GO DESSERTS. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the Tmmy.ymmys. line of desserts to be introduced by Aramak at the University of Texas in San Antonio in fall 2002. Desserts to be offered under the line.
- Boston College milks chocolate. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
This article reports on the revenue generated by the Chocolate Bar small coffee and ice cream operation at Boston College as of March 2006. The college boosted the average check by more than 11%, to $3.49, since converting it this past fall. Customer counts are up by 5%. Offerings range from...
- Dining Together, Apart. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p52
The article talks about Ohio State University's (OSU) strategy to take food to the masses on its vast campus includes offering pizza, wings and sandwich concepts with delivery service for all residence hall students. The 40-seat outlet located in the Drake Union is called The PAD or Pizza At...
- THE BIG PICTURE: MENU. // FoodService Director;12/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p18
The article focuses on The Big Picture research. It discusses the cost of sustainability programs, in which sustainable disposables have much higher cost, lunch participation in non-commercial foodservice, and increase of from-scratch lunch. It also includes the lunch and dinner menus in...
- South of the border. McKay, Gretchen // Executive Report;May97, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p50
Reports that schools just over the West Virginia border draw thousands of students from western Pennsylvania. Programs being offered at West Virginia University (WVU); How WVU targets prospective students with an aggressive marketing campaign that includes everything from commercials on cable...