- Colleges: More campuses are building multiple sites. // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p96
Reports that more campuses in the United States are building convenience stores. Reference to the Good 2 Go, convenience store, at the Penn State University; Big-sellers at these convenience stores; How theft was reduced at the Good 2 Go convenience store; Campuses which have established...
- GREEN MENUS. Shufro, Cathy // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the growth of sustainable dining program at several university cafeterias in the U.S. Factors that prompted college cafeterias to offer sustainable food; Advantages of the program to local economy; Obstacle faced by sustainable dining program at Yale University in New Haven,...
- It's Official: Early Admission Dropped. Angelo, Jean Marie // University Business;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the U.S. universities and colleges that decided to eliminated the practice of early admissions University of North Carolina; Beloit College in Beloit, Wisconsin; Yale University.
- What's new. // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p11
Presents news items about colleges and universities in the United States. Establishment of the David C. Driskell Center for the Study of the African Diaspora at the University of Maryland-College Park; Establishment of the Gilder Lehrman Center for the Study of Slavery, Resistance, and...
- Morse and Stiles. // New Yorker;12/22/1962, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p26
The article comments on the dedication of Ezra Stiles College and Yale University's Morse College in New Haven, Connecticut. The dedication ceremony was conducted in Ezra Stiles College. People who participated in the event include Paul Mellon, founder of the Old Dominion Foundation, and the...
- FOOD RACKS UP MAJORITY OF SALES: 27% of c-stores sell groceries. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p37
Reports on the rise in number of colleges operating convenience store (C-store) locations across the U.S. according to the 2001 C-Store Study of the 'FoodService Director' journal. C-store operation hours; Average sales performance of c-stores in colleges; Trends in c-store merchandising.
- Breakfast bonanza. Rouss, Shannan // Self;Dec2008, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p102
The article reports on the theory that eating a heavy breakfast can lose weight. According to the experts form Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, dieters who ate more than 600 calories during breakfast have lost 30 pounds. A sample heavy breakfast menu is provided which is...
- FDA clears test developed in partnership with VCU researcher. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a new test which helps the physicians for diagnosing a rare cell disorder which it has developed in partnership with the researchers at the Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Giving it the old college outcry. Brown, Jack // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
Lists ten United States universities which exhibit the best of student activism in 2001. Yale University; Pitzer College; Pennsylvania State University; Harvard University; Howard University.