Pent-up demand for vans
- Daimler Vans Manufacturing expanding in Charleston County. Francis, Esther // Automotive Industries;Sep2013, p296
The article reports that Daimler Vans Manufacturing will expand its facility in Charleston County, South Carolina. Topics discussed include the total investment in the expansion, the number of jobs expected to be generated, making improvements in the building and changes to the assembly line and...
- VAN NEWS. // Truck & Driver;Apr2011, p83
The article presents news briefs from the van industry. It is reported that van makers are putting increasing pressure on their dealers to improve the support they provide to customers. Used light-commercial specialist Van Monster has opened a branch in Darlington. According to Alex Wright,...
- Xtra Lease adding trailers with corrosion-fighting materials. // Fleet Owner;Apr2014, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p67
The article reports on the plan of semi-trailer rental and leasing company Xtra Lease to purchase new trailers in 2015, adding a mix of dry vans, liftgate vans and reefers equipped with new fuel-saving Thermo King Precedent reefer units.
- Fiat tightens deadline for van's launch. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;6/25/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p18
This article reports on the goal of Fiat SpA to launch its Minicargo car-derived van by the end of 2007 instead of spring 2008. Chief executive officer Sergio Marchionne wants the vehicle to go on sale as soon as possible. Automaker Turk Otomobil Fabrikasi will build 165,000 units a year of the...
- Walk-Thru - the hippy's van of choice. // Commercial Motor;6/26/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5592, p19
The article offers brief information on the KC-40 Walk-Thru hippy van by manufacturer Dodge.
- Nissan revises production schedule for van line. // Dixie Automotive Report;Aug2010, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the plan of car maker Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. to develop its light commercial van in 2011 at its automotive facility in Jackson, Mississippi.
- 2 million at Renault Batilly. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p15
The article reports that SoVAB, the van manufacturing subsidiary of Renault, has produced its two millionth vehicle under the Master brand.
- Production of Sprinter vehicles starts at GAZ's Nizhny Novgorod plant. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that Daimler and GAZ invested to launch the local production of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Classic van including the upgrading of 90,000 square meters of production and logistics facilities and opening of a painting complex produced by Eisenmann.
- FTA calls to restrict speed. // Commercial Motor;6/21/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5489, p10
The article reports on the call made by the Freight Transport Association among van manufacturers for the installation of speed restricters to manage top speeds.