Volvo hybrid bus serial production begins
- Volvo to fill order for 235 buses for Australian cities of Sydney, Brisbane. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2009, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses on the order for Volvo Buses to provide 235 units for the Australian cities of Sydney and Brisbane, with a possible addition of 250 buses to Brisbane in the years ahead. It is stated that Volvo is strongly positioned in New South Wales and that the company has succeeded to...
- Going Places. Shukla, Geetanjali // Business Today;7/8/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p99
The article offers information on the success of the company Volvo Buses in India. The buses of this company were launched in India in 2001. Since then, they have been able to make good name for them in Indian market. Volvo Buses is now focusing on expanding its business in India by introducing...
- UTC takes delivery of Volvo 9400 intercity coaches. // Commercial Vehicle;May2015, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the delivery by Volvo Buses of several coaches in 2015 which will operate under a Public Private Partnership arrangement between Great Value Fuels and Uttarakhand Transport Corporation.
- Volvo Selling Buses in Canada, U.S. // Assembly;Mar2009, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p19
The article reports on the move of Volvo Buses to market its products in North America in 2009 as part of an ongoing campaign to expand its market share internationally. The indirect market presence of the company in the region is attributed to its Canadian subsidiaries Prevost and Nova Bus....
- Automotives. // India Retail Report;Q2 2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p74
The article presents an overview and analysis on India's automobile industry. It mentions that the country's carmakers were taken by surprise after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to increase interest rates on September 16, 2011. It notes that passenger car sales were up by 1.84...
- SWEDEN: Volvo Buses Q4 operating income totals US$7.67m. // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);2/7/2014, p11
The article reports that Volvo Buses, a subsidiary of Swedish vehicle maker Volvo AB, reported an increase of 2% in its net sales for the fourth quarter of 2013, in comparison to the sales in the same period in 2012. It also reported operating income of SEK50 million in comparison to an...
- Busworld Kortrijk points at an electromobile future. Raheja, Anirudh // Commercial Vehicle;Nov2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p42
Information about several papers discussed at the 2015 Busworld Kortrijk trade show held at Kortrijk Xpo in Belgium on October 16-21, 2015 is presented. Topics include the implementation of intelligent transportation systems (ITS), automation and low or zero emission vehicles. The trade show...
- Ontario government investing hybrid vehicle production. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on nearly 16.9 million U.S. dollars that will be invested by the government of Ontario toward production of hybrid vehicles at the plant of Toyota in Cambridge in 2013.
- A Brute That Doesn't Guzzle. WITZENBURG, GARY // Ward's Auto World;Mar2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p34
The article offers brief information on the XL1 plug-in hybrid vehicle from Volkswagen.