Reforms At Risk
- Protesters Call Armenian Vote Rigged, U.S. Eyes Deep Cuts to Caucasus, Central Asia. Nelson, Erik N.; Novosad, Anna; Parrish, Richard; Tsintsadze, Nino // Transitions Online;2/25/2013, p3
The article offers world news briefs. Opposition protesters rallied in the Armenian capital of Yerevan over the re-election of President Serzh Sargsyan on February 18, 2013 which was considered by former foreign minister Raffi Hovannisian as an election fraud. The U.S. Agency for International...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
The article offers information on various issues related to the risk summary in Latvia including the indication of Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis on establishing a coalition administration with four ruling parties, the claims of Ilmars Rimsevics, Bank Latvia governor that incoming government...
- OC Ballplayers on Screen with Pitt; State Ranked 'Worst'. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;8/15/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p3
The article offers the author's report on the upcoming movie "Moneyball," starring Brad Pitt and Orange County baseball players, the rank of California as the worst state for business among chief executive officers (CEOs) and the visit of Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis in the state.
- COMMON GROUND:. // Baltic Times;5/16/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 829, p1
A photograph of Torsten Albig, minister-president of the German federal state of Schleswig-Holstein during his meeting with Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis during his visit to Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania to discuss ways in which the countries can cooperate, and not compete with one...
- Latvia to submit its euro zone bid in March. // Regional Today;02/27/2013, p4
The article cites the statement of Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis about Latvia's formal submission of its application to the European Commission and the European Central Bank to join the euro zone in early March 2013 and the country's aim to introduce the euro on January 1, 2014.
- Political Conditions. // Latvia Country Review;2011, p10
The article provides an overview of the political conditions in Latvia, with details on the leadership of Prime Minister Valdis Birkavs in the 1990s and how Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis restored political stability in 2009.
- Rail funds to be used for modernization. // Baltic Times;5/16/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 829, p7
The article reports on the announcement by Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis that the Transport Ministry will have a month and a half to inform the government about the possibilities of purchasing trains and modernizing existing rolling stock, with the arrival of new trains expected in 2015.
- Program Of Reform Brings Pain And Gain. Wright, Gilly // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p6
The article reports on the efforts of Latvian prime minister Valdis Dombrovskis in taking the country away from bankruptcy and a bailout toward macroeconomic equilibrium and stable growth.
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week (01419285);10/28/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p16
The article discusses the author's view concerning the impact of Coalition spending cuts as proposed by Chancellor George Osborne to the recovery of privately-owned businesses in Great Britain.