More Responsibilities, Less Control: Understanding the Challenges and Difficulties Involved in Mothering in the Context of Domestic Violence
- War on women: A viewpoint on domestic violence. Lerner, Vivian // Off Our Backs;Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p14
Provides a psychological profile of an abused woman as victim of domestic violence. Statistics showing that 96% of victims of domestic violence as women; Analysis on the history of the patriarchal structure of society; Empowering of women.
- COMPARISONS OF MORAL REASONING LEVELS BETWEEN BATTERED AND NON-BATTERED WOMEN. Busch, Noel Bridget // Journal of Social Work Education;Winter2004, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p57
This paper investigates the level of moral reasoning of battered and non-battered women. The findings from a comparison group of battered and non-battered women on the Defining Issues Test are reported. The relationships between a dependent variable, level of moral development, and two...
- Special Series on Domestic Violence. // Off Our Backs;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9
Introduces a series of articles on domestic violence. History of the battered women's movement; Professionalization of battered women's shelters; Politics of domestic violence research.
- Wife battering: an exploration of the abuse of African women at two shelters in Johannesburg. Mashishi, Abner // Society in Transition;2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p82
Investigates the economic, educational and emotional status of battered wives staying at shelters NISSA Institute for Women Development and People Opposing Women Abuse in Johannesburg, South Africa. Nature of the relationship between battered women and men who abused them; Susceptibility of...
- The scope of domestic violence in ED patients. Abbott, J.; Johnson, R. // Patient Care;8/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p205
Presents a survey about domestic violence committed to all women who sought medical care from three emergency departments and two walk-in clinics in Denver, Colorado during 30 simultaneous, four-hour time blocks in the spring of 1993. Sample population; Actual injury or threat; Volunteering the...
- Police to register women threatened by violent husbands UK. // Women's International Network News;Autumn90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p42
Reports that the police in Great Britain were told to set up registers of women at risk from domestic violence by the Home Office Ministry. Background on the how the police deals with an incident involving domestic violence; Statistics on domestic violence.
- Reframing Our Approach to Domestic Violence: The Cyclic Batterer Syndrome. Nicolette, Jodean; Nuovo, Jim // American Family Physician;12/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p2498
Editorial. Suggests steps to help perpetrators of domestic violence in the United States. Reasons for placing emphasis on identifying and treating victims; Information on the intervention techniques in domestic violence; Percentage of women who suffered domestic violence during their lifetime.
- Violence against Women: Current Theory and Practice in Domestic Abuse, Sexual Violence and Exploitation. Keeling, June // British Journal of Social Work;Sep2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1249
The article reviews the book "Violence against Women: Current Theory and Practice in Domestic Abuse, Sexual Violence and Exploitation" by Nancy Lombard and Lesley Mcmillan.
- Study compares domestic violence in urban and rural women. Johnson, Marilou; Elliott, Barbara // American Family Physician;11/15/95, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p2082
Reports that women in a rural setting are more likely to be in a battering relationship than women in an urban setting. Success of domestic violence intervention program in the urban setting; Prevalence of domestic violence documented in the study.