New Jersey's Christie to Sign Bill Capping Property Tax Increases
- Many voices, one statement. Caliendo, Melinda // njbiz;5/28/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p15
The article highlights comments of concerned state officials on New Jersey's (NJ) plans to consolidate NJ's Division of Travel and Tourism under the umbrella of the Sports and Exposition Authority. Unveiled by Governor Chris Christie in line with 2013 budget plans, the move is supported by local...
- The twist in guvsâ€™ pension dilemma. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p0011
The article focuses on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's announcement to cut pensions for state employees. It states that Cuomo's proposal raises state and city workers' retirement age to 65 and increases their retirement contributions to 6% while Christie...
- NJ Public Pension Fund to Take Governor to Court. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p1
June 20, 2014 (PLANSPONSOR.com) -- New Jersey's Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) has decided to take the state's governor to court to stop reductions in pension payments.
- New Jersey Calls for Dismissal of Union Pension Case. Slavin, Robert // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;9/4/2014, p3
The article reports the move by the New Jersey government on September 2, 2014 to call for the dismissal of the case against state Governor Chris Christie filed by public worker unions due to alleged underfunding by the governor of the state employee pension plans. The request for dismissal was...
- govtech.com/extra:. // Government Technology;May2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p7
The article presents updates from the online service of "Government Technology." It mentions that Texas is moving 100,000 state employees to Microsoft 365 Cloud and that "Government Technology's Top 25 Doers, Dreamers and Drivers" is the most read stories online. The article also informs that...
- THE CHRISTIE MACHINE. MACGILLIS, ALEC // New Republic;3/3/2014, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p22
The article presents information on political associates of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, focusing on their roles in the administration of the state. Profiles include state Democratic Party leader George Norcross, New Jersey Port Authority chairman David Samson, and spokesman Michael Drewniak.
- N.J. Supreme Court Hears Christie Pension Appeal. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34305, p1
The New Jersey Supreme Court heard testimony in a case challenging Gov. Chris Christie's decision to reduce scheduled contributions toward state employees' pensions.
- Democrats, Christie battle in 'political circus' of a hearing. Blake, Aaron // Hill;6/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 76, p3
The article reports on the eruption of argument between New Jersey gubernatorial frontrunner Chris Christie and Democrats during a Senate hearing in the U.S.
- NEW JERSEY: Poll Shows Split on Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33477, p9
The article reports on the findings of a public opinion poll which revealed that New Jersey residents have different stance over Governor Chris Christie's 29.4 billion U.S. dollar budget proposal.