Sales Tax Disbursements
- OKLAHOMA: Locals Get More Collections. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/14/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33382, p9
The article reports on the distribution by Oklahoma Tax Commission of 153 billion dollars in sales and use tax collections to cities and counties in August 2010.
- Okla. Business Closure Procedures Explained. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;12/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the issuance by the Oklahoma Tax Commission of a notice that reminds taxpayers that as of November 1, 2012, a vendor delinquent in filing or paying sales taxes three times within a consecutive 24-month period is subject to closure of its business.
- OKLAHOMA: Sales Taxes Spread Around. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33282, p9
The article reports on the distribution of 152.9 million dollars sales and use taxes of the Oklahoma Tax Commission to the state's cities and counties in February 2010.
- Tax holiday explained. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;8/1/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on a reminder issued by the Oklahoma Tax Commission on July 10, 2012 informing taxpayers of the schedule of the annual sales tax holiday for sales of qualifying clothing and footwear from August 3 to 5.
- BUSINESS CLOSURE PROCEDURES ESTABLISHED FOR CERTAIN DELINQUENT OKLA. TAXPAYERS. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;6/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p5
The article offers information on the business closure procedures for delinquent taxpayers in Oklahoma. Under the state law, the Oklahoma Tax Commission will give a taxpayer written notice if the taxpayer fails within any consecutive 24-month period to file two sales tax reports or to remit...
- OKLA. DIRECT PAY PERMITS REQUIREMENTS AMENDED. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;5/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that the state of Oklahoma has amended the requirements in connection with direct pay permits for remitting sales and use taxes directly to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
- STATE UPDATES. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;
The article offers taxation-related news briefs from the U.S. as of September 15, 2013. The sales tax rate increase has been announced by the Maine Revenue Services (MRS). A revised version of tax refund has been released by the Ohio Department of Taxation. Technical changes in sales tax have...
- Seized smokes: Fed court sides with state against Muscogee Creek Nation. // Native American Times;7/16/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on an agreed dismissal of the federal court in Denver regarding the lawsuit brought by the Muscogee Creek Nation against the Oklahoma Tax Commission on the seized of cigarettes.
- Osage Nation says it's appealing to Supreme Court. EVANS, MURRAY // Native American Times;8/20/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the Native American tribe Osage Nation's plan to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court its lawsuit against the Oklahoma Tax Commission, that seeks to exempt tribal members, who work and live in Osage County, from state income taxes after District Court Judge James Payne has...