Casinos Boost Revenue
- Downtown thrust into local spotlight. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;6/17/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p1
Reports the issue of the downtown casinos in Nevada. Impact of the casinos on the people; Total annual amount of gaming revenue; Need of development on hotels.
- New Jersey casino revenue up in May. // Las Vegas Business Press;6/17/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p12
Reports the increase of percentage on the gambling revenues of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Detroit gambling revenue growth bests Las Vegas, Atlantic City. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p35
Reports the influence of the opening of Greektown Casino on the increase of gambling revenues in Detroit, Michigan. Comments of Marc Falcone, a gambling analyst on the performance of casinos of the place; Role of the Michigan Gaming Control Board in updating casino revenues; Distribution of...
- FEBRUARY GAMING WIN LOWEST TOTAL SINCE 2004. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/20/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 16, pP18
The article reports on a decline in casino revenues in the U.S. in February 2009.
- N.J.'s gaming losses outpace other states. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;5/9/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p3
The article highlights the American Gaming Association report which reveals that New Jersey's casino industry posted the biggest year-over-year percentage decline in tax contributions and revenue among all U.S. states, with the region recording a revenue drop of 9.4 percent and a 12.1 percent...
- Tribal casinos no longer sure bet. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p33
The article focuses on the 30% decline in revenues of tribal casinos in Washington in 2009.
- A land rush toward new gambling. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;11/25/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p5
Focuses on the status of casino gambling in Nevada. Move of other state governments to save their economies and budgets; Consideration of gambling as source of revenue; Casinos in the state slated for family-oriented resort areas.
- Buzz Inn introduces new mini-casino. Schneider, Darlene // Wenatchee Business Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 10, pB1
Reports launching of the mini-casino of Buzz Inn in Wenatchee, Washington as of October 2002. Generation of revenue; Recruitment of staff; Installation of surveillance systems.
- April slots revenue grows. Veronikis, Eric // Central Penn Business Journal;5/13/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p2
The article reports that Pennsylvania's 10 casinos collected 211.3 million dollars in revenue in April, 2011.