Cincinnati Offers $70M of New-Money, Refunding Debt
- Financing the federal debt. Harris, Catherine // Canadian Banker;May/Jun95, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p38
Reports on Canada's reliance on foreign investors to finance its federal debt. Percentage of the federal debt that foreigners hold as of September 1994; Moody's downgrade of rating on Canadian-dollar-denominated and foreign-denominated Canada debt; Possible increase in Canada Pension Plan rates.
- One big bad number. Robinson, David // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on 20 trillion dollars, overall deficit of the U.S. which is 30 times more than that of Canadian national debt.
- Don't bankers care about deficits? Waddell, Harry // ABA Banking Journal;Jul84, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the impact of federal deficits on bankers. Creation of deficits through escalating operating expenses; Increase of national debt during depression; Role of bankers to overcome the dangers of prolonged federal deficits.
- Belize: On The Downgrade... // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/20/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the downgrades in the sovereign debt rating in Belize in June 2005. Efforts of the government of the country to lengthen the maturity of its foreign commercial debt; Factors influencing the downgrades in the debt ratings in the nation; Comments on the vulnerability of the country to...
- A CASE OF VOLUNTARY SUBSCRIPTIONS TOWARDS MUNICIPAL EXPENSES. Custis, Vanderveer // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov11, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p164
Examines a case of voluntary subscriptions toward municipal expenses in the U.S. Funding of the floating indebtedness; Policy of deficit financing; Loss of revenue from liquor licenses; Method of raising funds by public subscription.
- Government Borrowing in China to Increase Dramatically as Markets Open Up. // Credit Control;2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the plan in China to increase government borrowing in 2002 to ensure the country avoids the effects of the world economic slowdown. Number of jobs the government must create annually; Result of giving access to foreign business; Amount of foreign investment in 2001.
- The Russian financial panic and the IMF. Ellman, Michael; Scharrenborg, Robert // Problems of Post-Communism;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on issues associated with Russia's current financial crisis. Russia's deficit financing and public debt; Relationship of the government with banks; Consequences of the financial crisis; Proposed solutions to the financial crisis; Russia's agreements with the International Monetary Fund.
- Voters Reject Austerity Measures. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p2
The Indonesian finance ministry is expected to present its draft budget for 2005 to parliament in May 2004 amid a growing debate over belt-tightening fiscal measures. Indonesia has won much foreign praise for its fiscal consolidation of recent years. On May 12, 2004 ratings agency Standard &...
- The recession in numbers. // Marketing (00253650);1/21/2009, p27
The article presents statistics on the total personal debt of Great Britain at the end of November 2008, its average household debt and daily increase in its debt.