Martinez Signs on as JPMorgan Executive
- La-Z-Boy names Matlock sr. VP of sales, marketing. // Furniture/Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p2
Reports on executive changes in U.S.-based furniture manufacturer La-Z-Boy . Naming of Steve Matlock as senior vice president of sales and marketing for La-Z-Boy's residential division; Appointment of Mel Martinez into the company's board of directors; Corporate profile of Matlock; Financial...
- Martinez Renews Attack on E&Y Dividend-Tax Cut Study. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p5
Reports on the reaction of U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez to a study conducted by Ernst & Young LLP which contends that the proposed dividend tax exclusion by President George W. Bush would deal a blow to housing bonds if it is enacted. Treasury Department's...
- Picture this. Frame, Robert // Advocate;1/30/2007, Issue 979, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the "Transitions" section in the December 19, 2006 issue.
- Surprising Hire. // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p12
The article announces that former Florida senator Mel Martinez was appointed lobbyist at DLA Piper in Washington D.C.
- POLL: SEN. MARTINEZ VULNERABLE IN 2010. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;11/19/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 127, p26
The article reports on the possible difficulties of Senator Mel Martinez to get re-elected in the 2010 elections in the U.S.
- Martinez News Sparks RESPA Action. // National Mortgage News;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p25
Reports on the action taken by housing secretary Mel Martinez on the RESPA rule in the U.S. Concern from the major lending and housing groups on initiatives of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); Need for the secretary to hold off from issuing a final rule; Speculation that...
- Martinez to join DLA Piper, focus on Latin America. Snyder, Jim // Hill;9/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 107, p22
The article announces that Mel Martinez was appointed as partner at DLA Piper in the U.S.
- Martinez: Reform of RESPA Should Facilitate Bundled Services. Collins, Brian // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p20
Comments on the proposal of Housing secretary Mel Martinez to revamp mortgage application and settlement process in Washington. Complexity in the process of home financing and refinancing; Reform of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; Reforms sought by Martinez.
- Overachieving HUDChief Closing In on a Big Win. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;1/17/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the attempts of U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez to reform the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. Rule proposed by Martinez for the act's reform; Possibility of a hearing on the proposed rule; Problems faced by the customers from the act; Offers provided...