Back on Course, DISD Sets $166M Deal
- Texas Sets a Record Road Deal. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;7/6/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33344, p1
The article reports on the deal preparation of the Texas Transportation Commission regarding a 1.5 billion dollars bond issue under the Proposition 14 program that designates fuel taxes and vehicle fees to highway construction. According to analyst Horacio Aldrete-Sanchez, the program allows the...
- FortuÃ±o sees economic rebound in 2011. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;12/2/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 47, p2
The article reports on the expectation that Puerto Rico's economy will recover in 2011 as shown by the gain of the Economic Activity Index (EAI) and Standard & Poor's (S&P) Corp. positive credit rating. According to Governor Luis FortuÃ±o, the economy has passed its worst point and is going...
- S&P: State Faces Structural Imbalance in School Funding. Williamson, Richard; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/15/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33467, p6
The article reports on the lower credit rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Texas due to the structural imbalance in school funding. Analyst Horacio Aldrete-Sanchez explains that the economic growth was dynamic enough to cover the structural dificiencies, indicating that the state budget...
- School redistricting is a necessary evil. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p12
Editorial. Comments on the Indianapolis, Indiana-based Indianapolis Public Schools' planned school redistricting program as of November 22, 1999. Details of the proposed redistricting.
- Dead silence in Orleans Parish over missing $20M is disturbing. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the loss of several millions of dollars in school fund from the New Orleans, Louisiana school district through faulty payroll accounting. Call for the resignation of the school board; National teacher salaries; Student achievement.
- Building coalitions for stronger schools. Pulliam, Barry // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the San Bernardino County schools' Community Coalition. Development of partnerships among schools, other public agencies and the private sector; Coalition's mission; Formation of the alliance; Top priorities addressed by the Coalition; Community Coalition task force discussion points.
- Tennessee waltz. Bradley, Ann; Weeks, Billy // Teacher Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p42
Offers a look at the Chattanooga school system in Tennessee and its consolidation with the Hamilton County system. Comparison and contrast of the traditions, programs, leadership and demographics of the two school system; Initial opposition of the Chattanooga school board to the measure;...
- Taking a step forward. // American School & University;Jan2000, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the approval received by the Detroit Public Schools from the State of Michigan to begin renovation of school facilities. Implication of the project; Purpose of the project.
- Tough on Truants. Silverman, Fran // District Administration;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p22
Features the Boston Public Schools District in Massachusetts. Policy of the school district on truancy by students according to truancy officer John Fencer; Use of a wireless technology allowing up-to-the-minute access to student records; Improvement of student attendance percentage.