Barbour: We Spent Too Much
- Gov. Barbour refrains from criticizing Romney on bid. Miller, Sean J. // Hill;4/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p24
The article reports on the forbearing of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to criticize Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for his state's health care system in a meeting in Capitol Hill.
- Grand Old Party. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p31
Reports on the preparations made for the inauguration of Haley Barbour, second Republican governor in Mississippi. Budget for the campaign period; Salary of Barbour at the beginning of his four-year term; Oath of the officials.
- Mississippi Governor to Headline State GOP Gala. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);8/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour will headline the West Virginia Lincoln-Reagan Gala on September 17, 2011 at the Charleston Civic Center.
- Mississippi Gov. Unveils $4.7B Budget Recommendation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32261, p7
Reports on the disclosure of a budget recommendation for fiscal year 2007 by Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour. Complaint of Barbour that his recommendation was difficult to craft because the state has not received some funding promised by the federal government in the wake of Hurricane...
- Oops, He Forgot. McGarvey, Ayelish // American Prospect;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p8
Features Haley Barbour, elected governor in Mississippi. Extent of his experience as an advocate in the lobbying arena; Nature of his relationship with the Republican Party; Criticism on his strategies or tactics during the campaign period.
- Barbour Wins Easily as Mississippi Holds Primaries. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/9/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32688, p6
The article reports on the victory of incumbent Governor Haley Barbour in the Republican nomination in the primary in the Mississippi, according to preliminary results. Barbour has 166,101 votes to 12,548 for opponent Frederick Jones. The Democratic nomination for governor was won by John Arthur...
- 'It's time to close the window.'. Palermo, Dave // International Gaming & Wagering;Jun2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14
This article reports on the decision of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to oppose the expansion of gambling in the state. It discusses the statement he issued during the Southern Gaming Summit 2007, as well as the implications of the decision for the plan of the Choctaw Indians to establish a...
- MISSISSIPPI. ANDERSON, MICHELLE D. // Education Week;1/26/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p18
The article discusses a speech made by Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour on January 11, 2011 about access to quality education, the state's charter school law, and the state's education budget.
- Mississippi Panel to Advise on Rebuilding Efforts. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p4
Announces the plan of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour of his plan to appoint a commission headed by businesspeople to assist in planning for rebuilding in areas of the state hit by Hurricane Katrina. Inclusion of formulating stronger building codes in the planning; Role of the commission in...