Poor Parish Seeks QSCBs
- Cost Concerns, Economic Anxieties Put Construction on Shaky Ground. Ash, Katie // Education Week;1/21/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p1
The article explores economic aspects of U.S. school construction and the economic stimulus legislation proposed by president Barack Obama. Fluctuating interest rates for bonds used to fund school districts have suffered during the financial crisis. Other topics include the impact of inflation,...
- $161 million in school construction funding approved in Maryland. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;5/24/2012, p2
The article reports on the approval of more than 161 million U.S. dollars by Maryland officials in school construction funding that will allow districts in Baltimore, Maryland to undertake renovation projects.
- WEST VIRGINIA: Hancock School Bond Bid. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/29/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33358, p7
The article reports on a 37 million dollar bond referendum to finance school construction projects in Hancock, West Virginia.
- Ex-Louisiana Lawmakers Land Key Education Jobs. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;10/15/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p21
The article announces that Louisiana state Representative Don Trahan has been named the business liaison at the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Jefferson school board to try charter school. Hoeschen, Brad L.F. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/4/95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the decision of the Jefferson Parish School Board to sign on with the Louisiana Department of Education to develop an experimental public school free of governmental red tape and bureaucracy. Board's letter of intent for the charter school programs; Actions of other school boards in...
- Louisiana's Course Choice to Start as Pilot. // Educational Marketer;5/20/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p7
The article focuses on the approved funding of the Course Choice program which will begin in fall 2013 as a smaller pilot program in Louisiana Department of Education and encourages students to chart their own learning path by enrolling in virtual courses.
- School Bills. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p51
Reports on the action taken by Joint Legislative Budget Committee to increase spending for school construction and maintenance against the lawsuit filed by several school districts in the U.S. Amount of funds required in extra spending; Background of the case.
- Momentum Building for Construction Funding. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;04/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p23
Deals with the Better Classrooms Act, the proposed bill for funding of school building construction in the United States. Conditions of public school buildings in the US according to the video produced by the Organizations Concerned About Rural Education; Number of Republican lawmakers who...
- Illinois authority proposes changes for education bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p3
Reports on the proposal by the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority for private nonprofit colleges to use tax-exempt bonds to finance construction projects outside the state. Plan to extend the authority's powers to include financing schools' working capital costs; Other related proposals;...