Counties Form Task Forces
- Trimaran proposed to pump oil slicks. Hull, Jennifer Pallanich // Offshore;Apr2003, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the proposed construction of the Oil Sea Harvester, an anti-pollution trimaran that could store 6,000 tons of oil. Design of a vessel capable of responding more quickly and effectively to oil spills; Ability of the trimaran to operate in open seas during bad weather with increased...
- Stay Calm: Tarballs Won't Kill You. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/19/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson has denied media reports concerning the Deepwater Horizon slick and assured the public that the Oil Spill Prevention and Response Program of the Texas General Land Office is ready in case the oil spill reach the coast of Texas.
- President: Gulf my responsibilty. Youngman, Sam; Geman, Ben; O'Brien, Michael // Hill;5/28/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 61, p1
The article reports on the effort of U.S. President Barack Obama to defend the federal government's response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill even while conceding that the government can always do better to the problem.
- Missteps turn Gulf Coast oil leak into major tragedy. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;6/6/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 85, p2A
The article offers the author's insights on the efforts done by the BP PLC and the U.S. government to manage the oil spill crisis which was caused by the explosion of BP's drilling rig in the Gulf Coast, Louisana.
- Industry: Dems' oil spill plan ajobs killer. Goode, Darren; Geman, Ben // Hill;7/28/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 89, p14
The article reports that American Petroleum Institute (API) are against the oil spill response plans of Democrats which they say can kill jobs and hamper economic growth in the U.S.
- National Seashore Gets a Makeover. Newby, Josh // Pensacola Magazine;Jun/Jul2013, p52
The article informs that the organization Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Natural Resource Damage Assessment Trustees and the oil and gas company BP PLC reached a preliminary agreement to identify over 600 million U.S. dollars in post-oil spill restoration projects along the Gulf Coast and Northwest...
- AUV With Sensor Suite Maps Oil Spills in Arctic. // Sea Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p70
The article discusses research on the use of autonomous underwater vehicle with a suite of sensors for detecting oil spills by researchers from the Scottish Association for Marine Science based on a report of "The Economist" in December 2012.
- Obama now own soil spill. Jacobus, Cheri // Hill;6/18/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p25
In this article the author offers her insights regarding management of the oil spill incident in the Gulf of Mexico by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Oil majors invest in spill containment. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Sep2010, Issue 831, p11
The article offers information on a partnership formed by Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil and Shell to invest in the construction and deployment of a shared rapid response unit for capturing and containing future oil spills.