P3 Studies High-Speed Rail
- France to fund Damascus metro feasibility study. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/11/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p17
The article reports on a feasibility study being funded by the French government through its Fonds d'Aide au Secteur Prive (FASEP) loan aimed at concluding whether to implement the Damascus metro project on a public-private partnership or on a build-operate-transfer basis.
- ERTMS skills study. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2012, p74
The article reports on the partnership formed between Network Rail and the National Skills Academy for Railway Engineering to prepare a feasibility study investigating the skills and training needed to support the launch of the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS).
- Modeling Government Subsidies and Project Risk for Financially Non-Viable Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) Projects. Fen-May Liou; Chih-Pin Huang; Borliang Chen // Engineering Management Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p58
Governments encourage private sector participation in building infrastructure through Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) agreements. Large projects may be financially non-viable despite their net economic benefits for the host society. Host governments might subsidize initial private investments to...
- Tube PPP study â€˜not based on value for moneyâ€™. Harding, David // Public Finance;3/1/2002, p6
Presents information on the feasibility study, conducted by Ernst & Young, on London Underground, a public-private transportation partnership in England. Privatization of the Tube; Adjustment of the cost; Use of the capital market to raise funds.
- Approved PPPs to bring in more than $3 billion for infrastructure projects, create more than 50,000 jobs. Márquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;6/3/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p17
The article reports on the approval of feasibility studies for five projects by the Public-Private Partnership Authority (PPPA) board of directors. It states that these projects are expected to impart 3 billion dollars to the island economy in new investment and produce more than 50,000 jobs. It...
- Consultants to report next year on Gautrain extensions. Hughes, Murray // Railway Gazette International;Jun2015, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p45
The article discusses the feasibility study set to recommend expansion of the Gautrain network, which is aligned with the 25-year Integrated Transport Master Plan for Gauteng province in South Africa. Topics covered include the reasons the province of Gauteng considered expansion of Gautrain...
- Investors to avoid rail PPP schemes. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;11/19/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6453, p4
Reports that public private partnerships will never work on the British railway sector under the private finance system, according to Brian Marshall of Macquarie Bank. Criticism against the Design Build Finance Transfer model; Objective of the special purpose vehicle set up by Macquarie Bank.
- Real exchange rate behavior and optimum currency area in East Asia: Evidence from Generalized Purchasing Power Parity. Mishra, Ritesh Kumar; Sharma, Chandan // International Review of Financial Analysis;Jun2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p205
Abstract: In the aftermath of the Asian financial crisis, the need for monetary and exchange rate cooperation among the Asian countries has increased considerably. In this context, we attempt to evaluate the potential of an optimum currency area (OCA) for a group of eight East Asian countries....
- Feasibility study of public-private partnership. Meidute, Ieva; Paliulis, Narimantas Kazimieras // International Journal of Strategic Property Management;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p257
Public-private partnership may cover various forms of partnership, viz. as the property of the private sector in the state of municipal activities or information and consultations between the public and private sectors, also as an unconventional method of public procurement when the public and...