Municipal Bond Activities
- MSRB Proposes Rule Changes on Interdealer Transaction Failures. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/7/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34440, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is seeking comment on a proposal it says would lessen the effect of interdealer transaction failures on the municipal market while providing needed changes to an outdated rule.
- Treasury and IRS Re-Propose Issue Price Rules. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;6/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34331, p1
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service released new proposed rules on the definition of issue price to allow issuers to rely on the initial offering price under certain circumstances and provide a narrower definition of an underwriter.
- Munis 'Ignore Everything,' Hold Steady in Quiet Session. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/31/2011, Vol. 376, p2
The article reports on the steady performance of the municipal bonds market despite the fluctuations in trading in the U.S. on May 27, 2011.
- Municipal Volume Estimated at $3.74 Billion Next Week. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/10/2011, Vol. 121 Issue 33779, p1
The article informs that the municipal bonds volume in the U.S. securities markets has been estimated at 3.74 billion U.S. dollars.
- CALENDAR. // On Wall Street;Oct2010, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p30
A calendar of events for around the world in October 2010 is presented which includes the Market Structure Conference of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), the European Alternative & Institutional Investing Summit by Opal Financial Group, and a Compliance Boot...
- Trade group surveying bank brokerages. // American Banker;2/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 32, p9
Reports that the Financial Markets Association (FMA) has conducted a survey among bank securities dealers in the United States. Purpose of survey; Proposed questions in the survey; Comments from FMA officials.
- Munis Unchanged in Light Activity. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33232, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal securities market in the U.S. It mentions that the sector remains unchanged due to the fairly light trading activity on December 11, 2009. It states that the yield for the benchmark 10-year note opened at 3.49% and closed at 3.55%, while...
- Cold Calling 2012. Good, Bill // Research;Sep2012, p61
The article focuses on the concept of cold calling in the securities market in the U.S. It offers information on the tax-free municipal bond fund. It offers information on the concept of prospecting, selling cycle in the cold calling. It offers information on the strategies to accept accounts...
- In This Case, More Regulation Is a Good Thing. Feinberg, Hill // Bond Buyer;6/27/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33539, p28
In this article the author discusses the issues related to the regulation for municipal bonds in the U.S. He mentions that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MRSB) and Financial Industry Regulation Authority are cooperating to address the problem. He points out that the effectiveness of...