Courtney Joins Minnesota Counsel Briggs and Morgan
- Relax and Reflect. Flahardy, Cathleen // InsideCounsel;Dec2008, Vol. 18 Issue 205, p4
The article discusses various research published within the issue including news stories in 2008 that had or will have an impact on the in-house bar and news on general counsel appointments.
- CC to assist in Deepcut Review case. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p2
Reports that Clifford Chance has been brought in board to assist with the ongoing independent Deepcut Review after the investigation missed the original deadline for the delivery of its findings. Investigation conducted by Nicholas Blake Queens Counsel regarding the death of four soldiers at the...
- Stern & Rindner name counsel. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p29
The article reports that Stern and Rindner have named Jay R. Myrow as counsel to the firm. Myrow has been in private practice for 25 years and concentrates in zoning and planning, municipal, environmental, real estate, business and corporate law. and civil litigation. He will be based in Stem...
- How to Build Better Relationships With Outside Counsel. Ciccatelli, Amanda // Inside Counsel (SyndiGate Media Inc.);11/14/2016, p1
The article discusses the role of legal departments in managing risk and in seeking business-friendly approaches with outside counsel. It examines the implications of a value-based approach and how innovations in technology can break down the barriers of communication in the legal ecosystem....
- Saturday night massacre II. Dash, Samuel // Foreign Policy;Fall94, Issue 96, p173
Reviews the book `Final Report of the Independent Counsel for Iran/Contra Matters,' by Lawrence E. Walsh. Story of the Ronald Reagan-era scandal; Ethics in Government Act 1978; Former President George Bush's pardon.
- Are independent counsels more controversial than their targets? Akers, Mary Ann // Insight on the News;02/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p44
Deals with the question of whether to rewrite the 1978 law creating independent counsels which was to be addressed by Congress in 1998. When the controversial statute must be reauthorized by; What both sides of the debate accused the other of; Comments from Senator Fred Thompson, chairman of...
- Utah Tech Watch. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/07/98, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p21
Opinion. Comments that American special prosecutors appointed after 1998 may not have the same caliber as their predecessors. Example of the denouncement of Kenneth Starr by the media.
- High crimes and special prosecutors. Johnson, Constance // U.S. News & World Report;11/8/93, Vol. 115 Issue 18, p47
Examines the issue of special prosecutors which Congress will take up sometime before the end of 1993. President Clinton favors it; Officially known as independent counsels; Federal law signed by Jimmy Carter to ensure the independence of special prosecutors; Mixed record of special...
- The second act. Reske, Henry J. // ABA Journal;Sep94, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the passage of the Independent Counsel Act of 1994. Implications of passage; Applicability of law.