Muni CEFs, in Contrast to Their Brethren, Enjoy Some Stability
- Munis Manage to Avoid Volatility of Other CEFs. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p1
The article reports on the goal of the close-end municipal bond funds to pay dividends at a time when dependable income is difficult to find to avoid volatility of other closed-end funds (CEFs) in the U.S. According to UBS Wealth Management CEF analyst Sangeeta Marfatia, the development of...
- Munis Stronger as China Causes Market Volatility. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/7/2016, p1
Municipal bonds remained stronger at mid-session, traders said, as the shaky economic situation in China once again caused volatility in U.S. markets.
- Munis End Stronger as China Causes Market Volatility. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/7/2016, p1
Municipal bonds finished stronger on Thursday, traders said, as the stock market panic in China once again caused volatility in U.S. markets.
- Munis Unchanged With a Slightly Firmer Tone. SCARCHILLI, MICHAEL // Bond Buyer;6/29/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33341, p2
The article offers information on the condition of municipal bond funds in the U.S. as of June 2010, which observed to be slightly firmer due to the fairly light secondary trading activity.
- Muni Mutual Funds Keep Heating Up. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p1
The article reports that municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. have posted a net inflow of 279.7 million dollars during the week ended May 12, 2010 despite the risk that has driven most of the flows.
- Investors Still Bullish on Muni Bond Funds. Ramage, James // American Banker;7/30/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 116, p6
The article reports on the U.S. municipal bond mutual funds market for the week ended July 25, 2012 noting there were inflows of $810 million and the four-week moving average for inflows is $654 million.
- Market Close: Muni Yields End Week Sharply Higher. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p34
The article offers news briefs related to municipal (muni) bonds market in the U.S. as of February 6, 2015. Topics include the yield on the muni 10-year benchmark general obligation (GO) of secondary markets closed up nine basis points to 1.95 percent. The muni bond funds posted $589.132 million...
- Municipal Bond Funds See Inflows. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;9/24/2015, p37
The article discusses the data from Lipper Inc., a provider of mutual and hedge fund information, which shows that the municipal bond funds in the U.S. experienced inflows during the week of September 25, 2015.
- Municipal Bond Funds See Outflows. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/1/2015, p1
Municipal bond funds experienced another turn around and reported outflows, after recording inflows last week, according to Lipper data released on Thursday.