Mortgage Refi Applications Hit 13-Month High in May
- Deducting costs associated with refinancing a mortgage loan. // Northern Colorado Business Report;11/29/2013 Supplement CPA Guide, pCPA-2
The article offers information on deducting costs linked with a mortgage loan refinancing in the U.S. and mentions that the cost charged by lenders is known as points and one point is equivalent to loan amounts' one percent.
- Refi Requests Increase from Previous Week: MBA. Broughton, Kristin // American Banker;5/15/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 75, p14
The article states that mortgage applications in the U.S. increased seven percent during the week ending May 9, 2014 from the previous week, according to a report from the Mortgage Bankers Association's report, and also states that refinancings accounted for half of the total mortgage activity.
- Posters: Will the HARP Program Changes Make a Difference? // National Mortgage News;10/31/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p10
The article offers a conversation between blog posters on how the changes in the U.S. Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) guidelines can benefit a borrower and homeowners.
- Loan Income Dips as Refis Spike in 4Q. Collins, Brian // American Banker;4/20/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 61, p16
Brief information is given from the Mortgage Bankers Association's report about U.S. mortgage refinancings and loan production in the third- and fourth-quarters of 2010.
- Refinancing Over, MBA Economist Says. Sichelman, Lew // American Banker;5/4/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 69, p10
Brief information is given about the outlook for refinancing, the U.S. mortgage business, and loan rates.
- Mortgage Apps Fall, But Refis Soar. Muolo, Paul // American Banker;1/5/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p2
The article notes mortgage applications in the U.S. dropped by nearly four percent for the week ending December 30, 2011, according to data compiled by the Mortgage Bankers Association, but refinancings reached a yearly high.
- Harp Refis Gaining Popularity. Collins, Brian // American Banker;7/24/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 113, p4
The article notes loan-to-value (LTV) ratios for refinanced government-sponsored enterprise mortgages compiled from the U.S. Home Affordable Refinance Program (Harp) and also notes loans with LTVs above 125 percent could not be refinanced until 2012 when the Harp program was expanded.
- Most mortgages for purchases. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/ 8/2014, pA02
Mortgage applications to purchase and refinance both rose in the May 2 week, 8.9% and 2.4% respectively. For the 1st time since '09 purchases made up the majority, 51%, of the applications. Rates fell an average 8 basis points in the week, to the lowest since last June.
- FINDING OPPORTUNITY ZONES. Hedlund, Dennis // Mortgage Banking;Jun2008, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p48
The article discusses the iEmergent 2008 U.S. mortgage loan forecast which projects a $856.2 billion or 4.8 million loans of owner-occupied purchase volume and $101.7 billion or 0.65 million loans of non-owner-occupied purchase volume. It says that the forecast calls for a total purchase volume...