Munis Manage to Avoid Volatility of Other CEFs
- Muni CEFs, in Contrast to Their Brethren, Enjoy Some Stability. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p6
The article offers views concerning the goal of the close-end municipal bond funds to pay dividends at a time when dependable income is difficult to find to avoid volatility of other closed-end funds (CEFs) in the U.S. UBS Wealth Management CEF analyst Sangeeta Marfatia stresses that the...
- Market Close: Relative Value of Munis Sparks Interest. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;2/06/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds moved lower yet again, as yields on some bonds closed as much as two basis points higher on Thursday. Yet even after the recent volatility in the market, munis continue to exhibit attractive characteristics for investors.
- Oregon GO Pricing Unaffected by Governor Swap. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;2/20/2015, p1
The political crisis in Oregon that ended its long-serving governor's political career was a non-event for the municipal bond market, showing no impact on a GO bond sale the day new governor Kate Brown took office.
- Beware of Bad Benchmark Curves. Kalotay, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/7/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34440, p1
The municipal market is in a dire need of realistic optionless yield curves.
- Weekly Reporters Post Inflow of $461 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32909, p7
The article offers information on the net inflow of weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. It reveals that weekly reporting bond funds presented a net inflow of $461 million in the period ending in June 25, 2008, which indicated an increased from a $374 million inflow. The...
- Long-Term Munis Hang In. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/12/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33248, p1
The article reports on long-term municipal bonds which show unusual resilience against the bond market's walloping of Treasury bonds in January 2010 in the U.S. It notes that the market has pummeled Treasuries since the beginning of December 2009. Municipal Market Data scale indicates that...
- Long- Term Up So Far In 2012. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;8/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33757, p1
The article reports on the sharp increase in the long-term municipal bond issuance in 2012 in the U.S. It claims that the municipal bond issuance reaches to 26.6 billion dollars in July 2012 compared with 24.9 billion dollars in 2011. It also indicates that there is a total of 7,727 deals in...
- Muni Mutual Funds Report $634.5 Million in Inflows. Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;6/2/2104, Vol. 123 Issue 34118, p1
The article discusses a report from Lipper FMI, a data provider for mutual fund markets, on a decline in fund inflows of municipal mutual funds to 634.5 million dollars in the week that ended on May 28, 2014 from 663.6 million dollars in the previous week in May 2014 in the U.S. Topics discussed...
- Inflow Rise Despite Sell-Off. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;9/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
The article reports that the inflow to municipal bond funds increased in September 2014, and states that the inflows to funds totaled 470.26 million U.S. dollars for the week ending on September 10, 2014 in the U.S., according to the mutual fund market data provider Lipper FMI. It also mentions...