Synthetic speech comprehension: A comparison of children
- Know the News. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;4/2/2004, Vol. 85 Issue 23, p8
Presents an activity for the brain for school children, regarding information contained in the educational periodical "Weekly Reader," 4th ed., vol. 85, issue 23., in order to enhance comprehension skills.
- What's the Main Idea? // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;4/2/2004, Vol. 85 Issue 23, p8
Presents a brain activity for the enhancement of comprehension skills by school children.
- Edition 4 Reading Skills Practice Test. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;03/27/2000, Vol. 68 Issue 21, p4A
Presents a reading comprehension test exercise for children.
- Speech and Language Disorders in Kenyan Children: Adapting Tools for Regions with Few Assessment Resources. Carter, Julie Anne; Murira, Grace; Gona, Joseph; Tumaini, Judy; Lees, Janet; Neville, Brian George; Newton, Charles Richard // Journal of Psychology in Africa;2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p155
This study sought to adapt a battery of Western speech and language assessment tools to a rural Kenyan setting. The tool was developed for children whose first language was KiGiryama, a Bantu language. A total of 539 Kenyan children (males=271, females=268, ethnicity=100%Kigiryama) were...
- Performances of young African American children on two... Craig, Holly K.; Washington, Julie A.; Thompson-Porter, Connie // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr1998, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p445
Provides information on a study which explored the comprehension ability of young Afro-American children from middle-income homes. Participants of the study; Overview on the comprehension tasks; Analytical discussion of the results; Conclusions.
- Twelve skills that raise test scores. // Instructor;Oct2006, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p51
The article identifies the testing buzz words that call on the comprehensive skills of students and shares fresh ways to sharpen them. Have students match the headlines to the appropriate articles. Then have kids swap reviews and practice identifying the author's main point and purpose. Share an...
- Reading Russia. // Russian Life;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the Progress in International Reading Literacy Study, which measures the reading and comprehension levels of 10-year-olds in 40 regions of the world. Participants from Russia ranked first, followed by Hong Kong and Singapore. The study concluded that children prefer...
- READING COMPREHENSION: THINK AND KNOW VERBS. Pepi, Annamaria; Martanna Alesi, Annamaria // Psychological Reports;Dec2003 Part 2, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p1247
Verbs such as think, know, remember, and guess play a pivotal role in understanding, monitoring, and transformation of internal states. We focus on the specific words as think and know, polysemous cognitive verbs that show hierarchical organization and high frequency of use in children's and...
- Signs of Dyslexia Emerge Before 1st Grade, Study Says. // Education Week;1/6/2016, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p5
The article reports on a study published in the "Journal of Pediatrics" which reveals that the academic gaps associated to dyslexia could be demonstrated in verbal deficiencies before children are expected to read.