Keeping it in the family
- Looking for czardom. Soltani, Sonia // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2005, Issue 5458, p18
Presents a corporate profile of the family-owned firm, Steed Upholstery, in Great Britain. Number of years in the furniture industry; Total number of staff employed; Customer base; Names of people in the top-level management. INSET: Fact file Steed Upholstery.
- Alstons' prize guys help charity. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p7
Reports that Alstons Upholstery has donated money for the first prize in the Vitafoam furniture design contest at the Saint Helena Hospice in England.
- Â£22,000 worth of fuel stolen from Alstons. // Cabinet Maker;5/25/2012, Issue 5789, p6
The article reports on the 22,000 pounds worth of diesel being stolen from the industrial depot unit of Alstons Upholstery Ltd. in Chelmsford, England.
- Sales and profits continue ascent at Essex upholstery firm. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2014, Issue 5908, p6
The article reports on the continued growth in sales and profits for Essex-headquartered upholstery manufacturer Alstons Upholstery Ltd. with increase in turnover to 25.5m pound for the year ended March 31, 2014.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p55
Reports developments related to furniture industry in Europe as of December 2003. Retirement of Stan Clarke, manager of Alstons Upholstery; Key features of mystery chair from Cabinet Maker; Survey on the Television show with the most tasteless furnishings.
- Alston: 'storm in a teacup'. Yin-Poole, Wesley // Cabinet Maker;5/18/2007, Issue 5538, p4
The article reports on the issue regarding the struggling of the bedroom manufacturer Alston in Great Britain. The company has assured that there are no long term problem, in which there are no changes in their retailers and the deliveries of their products are still the same. The firm has...
- FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESSES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p82
A list of the top family-owned businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked by number of employees is presented, including Whittlesea-Bell Transportation, Jerry's Nugget Casino and Letizia Cos.
- Bringing in outsiders gives family business a boost. Shanoff, Barry S. // World Wastes;Aug97, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p10
Features the strategy used by a Middle West family-owned waste handling firm in motivating and rewarding key, non-family employees without surrendering ownership. Advantages of hiring outside help; Compensations and benefits that can be offered to non-family employees; Offering of phantom-stock...
- It's `all in the families'. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1994, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the programs and awards initiated by Baylor University's Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship to support family-owned businesses in Texas. Family Business Conference; Family Business Award; Family Values Award; Innovative Family Business Concept. INSET: Would you like to nominate...