Selling hots up in August
- Perception not always reality in our industry. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p40
Focuses on the business perceptions of the executives in the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. Prediction of residential furniture and bedding consumption by consumers; Assessment of the retail inventories; Decline of the gross margins.
- History argues for uptick in business this autumn. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on the influence of the seasonal recovery of the furniture industry on the production growth in the year 2001 in the United States. Traces of the business cycles in the industry from 1985 to 1995; Influence of the increase in interest rates in 1984 and 1994 on the slowdown of business;...
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2005, Issue 5449, p9
Presents several quotations from executives in the furniture industry regarding their current inventories in Great Britain.
- Retail therapy at V&A. Brett, Kate // Cabinet Maker;3/17/2006, Issue 5479, p3
The article reports on the opening of a shop initiated by the Victoria & Albert Museum located in London, England. The said shop will sell furniture, ceramics, glass, accessories and textiles. The opening show would highlight Chery on the Cake, which is a collection from 18 designers of various...
- No holiday for retailers. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/27/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p3
The article offers information on the retail slump due to the ongoing financial crisis, in Michigan. In September 2008, 595 of Michigan retailers reported a decrease in sales from the previous year, when 36% of retailers reported a decrease from 2006. Back-to-school and holiday sales have long...
- Bedding reigns yet again as star on furniture floors. // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p82
Comments on the finding that bedding accounted for 12 percent of furniture store sales in the U.S. in 2003. Strong indication of bedding's productivity in furniture stores; Gross margin percentage; Stock turns; Benefits of having a bedding department in stores.
- Internet hits on the high street. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;9/8/2006, Issue 5504, p12
The article focuses on the developed trading performance of Tesco's online furniture retail trade on furnitures. Recent survey reveals that the online trade market set to increase as the company entered the home delivery market. Its furniture plans provide the capacity to reshape the landscape...
- Order time in Tupelo. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;2/28/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p1
The article informs about the Tupelo Furniture Market's becoming an order-writing haven as buyers from large and small stores descended on this northern Mississippi town for the twice-yearly show. Most exhibitors seemed pleased with business generated at the four-day event. They said many buyers...
- Views. Spencer, Mike // Cabinet Maker;9/8/2006, Issue 5504, p9
The author reflects on the trading performance of the furniture industry in Great Britain. He made it a point that though the middle market businesses kept on suffering poor retail sales, still their top end sales are being sustained. Selling is just half of the hassle since there are many end...