Harrods launches a fine department
- HK eyes up high end market. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2007, Issue 5562, p8
The article reports on the plan of Hong Kong-based furniture designer Felix Chang to offer his line of beanbags in Great Britain by the end of 2008. According to the article, Chang's products, which are marketed under the brand name Slack, can compete with the British high quality beanbags. It...
- Bassett enhances galleries. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;5/29/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p32
The article reports on Bassett Furniture Industries' enhancement of its Bassett Design Center gallery program to include custom-order bedroom, dining room and living room furniture that is available on a quick-ship basis. The new program offers several best-selling designs in each category to...
- Practically there. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p52
This article focuses on the success of furniture designer David Harris, founder of product design firm Line.h. He suggests that sofas and relaxation areas will allow furniture designers to take a step away from the screens and re-imagine their approaches. The aim is to produce contemporary,...
- Curios display fresh touches. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p16
Cites the business condition of the curio cabinet furniture market. Citation of the efforts of the manufacturers to increase profits by introducing alternate styles and establishing competitive prices; Observation of the increase of profits by Howard Miller and Ello Furniture from sales of floor...
- FFDM readying U.S. warehouse. // Furniture/Today;1/23/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p6
The article reports that case goods importer Fine Furniture Design & Marketing LLC is planning to open its first U.S. warehouse in Eden, North Carolina. The warehouse is scheduled to begin shipping operations in March 2006. Located at the MGM Transport facility, the warehouse will stock about 95...
- Creativity lifts occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p28
Discusses the factors considered by furniture manufacturers in creating designs. Impact of furniture style on sales; Popularity of simplified looks; Increase in the demand for function and storage capacity.
- Show time. Manuelli, Sara // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p22
Examines the designs of several furniture pieces in Great Britain in 2003. Key features of the furniture designs; Design credits; Implications on industrial design.
- Czech Furniture--Quality, Safety, and Design. Brunecky, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p36
Focuses on the furniture industry of Czech Republic. Information on laboratory testing of furniture; Discussion on the possible impact of the expected accession of the country to the European Union; Issues on safety and ecology; Considerations in furniture design.
- Case goods mfrs. get creative. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p8
Reports the creativity of furniture manufacturers in the United States. Focus on increased flexibility in bedrooms and dining rooms; Interest in leather materials; Development of color finishes.