Seed money bearing fruit
- District of Columbia turns to Capitol Hill for debt relief. Grant, Ruth Ann // AHA News;12/23/96, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p4
Reports on the District of Columbia's request for financial help from the federal government. Comments of Mayor Marion Barry; Amount needed by Washington, D.C. to put community services back on line; Recommendation of options for specific state-related functions of the District; Criticism of...
- Grants, contests, etc. Carter, Kim // Technology & Learning;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p74
Presents information on grants and contests which could assist individuals with expanding their budgets to finance and launch technology projects. Details on a grant program launched by Cisco Systems; Description of the 1998 Young Inventors Awards Program by the National Science Teachers...
- White-picket welfare. Overby, Peter // Common Cause Magazine;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p21
No abstract available.
- State approves Sullivan grant to finance 12 specific projects. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p13
Focuses on the New York Empire State Development Corp.'s approval of a proposal for the specific expenditure of the state economic development grant to Sullivan County. Project analysis contained in the report titled `Rebuilding Sullivan County.'
- Will the feds prime the economic pump? Ivey, Ed // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct94, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on the community development in New Mexico that lies on the federal level. Disposal of funds for the program under the federal practice of basing support on a community's stated needs; Stakes for rural communities; Types of federal support for the program; Variation of needs across the...
- Project in City Heights gets $5m loan assistance. // San Diego Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p11
Reports that San Diego, California has been awarded $5 million in loan assistance from the United States federal government to purchase property in City Heights. How the the loan will be used; Components of the loan; Comments from Republican Bob Filner.
- NY empowerment zone loser. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;1/23/95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
Reports on government grants for community development in the Harlem and South Bronx districts of New York City. Role taken by non-profit groups in the early stage of the process; Peripheral involvement of local business people; Aim to attract business to the area.
- 31 grants totaling $35M will provide seed money for low-income projects. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;8/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 146, p3
Reports on the federal government's announcement of 31 community development grants to provide seed money to banks for low-income projects. Creation of the Community Development Financial Institution Fund; Allocation to credit unions.
- Projects in Regina get funding. // Saskatchewan Sage;Dec2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the funds to be received by Regina M�tis Sport and Culture Inc., Child Care Co-op Ltd. and Street Culture Kidz Project Inc. through the National Homelessness Initiative to help them in dealing with homelessness in Regina, Saskatchewan. Amount to be received by each organization...