Retailers get first-hand look at devastation
- Happy to be here. // Furniture/Today;9/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p26
Shares the author's gratitude to individuals she encountered in 2001. Significance of the September 11, 2001 events in New York to the business of buying and selling fabric.
- A Slower Slowdown. Simmons, Kenna // Georgia Trend;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p69
Focuses on the economic conditions of East Central Georgia. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.; Impact of cutbacks at the Savannah River in the 1990s; Departure of the textile companies to Mexico.
- MARKET OUTLOOK. Reichard, Robert // Textile World;Nov2001, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p13
Presents news briefs on the textile industry in the United States as of November 2001. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on textile firms; Improvement in foreign trade; Textile costs.
- Powering Through A Rough Year. Hardin, Marie // Georgia Trend;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p59
Focuses on the economic conditions of West Central Georgia. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.; Construction of the Fall Line Freeway; Establishment of the Oglethorpe Power natural gas facility; Recovery of textile companies.
- LNT down 20% in 3Q. // Home Textiles Today;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
Reports the effect of the September 2001 United States terrorist attack on the sales of Linen 'N Things (LNT), a textile retailer in the US. Percentage of sales decrease for the third quarter of 2001; Decline of LNT shares in the stock market; Presentation of data depicting the sales of LNT.
- 2001 a brutal year for textiles. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p8
Re-examines the economic conditions of the U.S. textile industry in the year 2001. Combined estimations of revenues; Impact of the economic slowdown, inexpensive imports and currency; Consequences of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. INSETS: How the list was compiled;Converters, mills...
- Wie wird 2012? Auf alle Fälle herausfordernd. Doch es gibt Strategien, damit es ein gutes Jahr wird. Freutel, Aziza // Textilwirtschaft;1/5/2012, Issue 53, p26
The article discusses the prospects and challenges for the textile retail industry in 2012, based on topics which include financial crisis that followed the September 11 terrorist attacks in 2001, and price policies. Information on the entrance of several companies onto the market, including...
- Accentuate the positive. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p13
Reports on the positive effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Awareness of the public to the risks of terrorism; Unity of people to prevent terrorism; Confidence of the people on the success of the war against terrorism.
- Examination Of WTC Disaster, Highlights Need For Redesign Of Fireproofing, Egress. // Insurance Advocate;9/16/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 35, p20
Focuses on the findings relating to implosion and collapse of the World Trade Towers during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on New York. Need to reassess structural planning of buildings; Fireproofing of the structure; Condition of the stairwells; Details of the towers' progressive...