Developer's Default in Ohio County Prompts Tiff Over Tax-Lien Sale
- N.Y. County Assisted Living Facility Defaults. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/18/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33168, p4
The article reports on the failure of Tuxedo Place LP, a senior citizen housing facility, to pay principal and interest due on August 3, 2009 in Orange County, New York. The facility has defaulted on principal and interest payments to the Orange County Industrial Development Agency which led to...
- FACTS FOR YOU. // India Business Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p52
The article focuses on vulture fund, which is a hedge or private equity fund in Argentina. It states that the fund invests in debt of a country which is considered to be in imminent default. It mentions that federal judge Thomas Griesa has asked the country to default after he rejected the Bank...
- The Long, Sad Saga of Florida's Santa Rosa Bridge Nears Climax. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/30/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33542, p6
The article reports on the failure of the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority (SRBBA) to meet its debt-service coverage and reserve-replenishment requirements in Florida. It states that the agency was investigated by the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) due to its failure to conduct audit...
- Events of default in bond issues. // Law & Financial Markets Review;Mar2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p206
The article discusses the court case Bank of New York Mellon Corp. v GV Films Ltd. related to default in bond issues. It mentions that the judge held that failing to meet a bond trustee's legal costs was held to be a breach of obligation. It also states that the judge explained that the taking...
- Bank of New York Mellon expands lease. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/5/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the expansion of the Bank of New York Mellon Corp. (BONYM) of its lease by 15,680-square foot in Syracuse, New York.
- Clarification. // American Banker;12/2/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 185, p16
A correction to the article "We Kept the Docs. ... No, We Didn't," which appeared in the December 1, 2010 issue is presented.
- FIFTH CIRCUIT PROVIDES A REMINDER THAT LANGUAGE PROVIDING FOR A PREPAYMENT PREMIUM MUST BE UNAMBIGUOUS. HAHN, RICHARD F.; MY CHI TO; SELDEN, SHANNON ROSE // Banking Law Journal;May2014, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p443
The article discusses the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit's determination in the 2014 case Bank of New York Mellon v. GC Merchandise Mart LLC, et al. (In re Denver Merchandise Mart Inc.) that the acceleration of a promissory note based on a payment default did not trigger a...
- BNY Seals Deal, Looks Abroad. // American Banker;7/1/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 101, p4
The author reports that Bank of New York Mellon Corp. is looking to expand its asset servicing business in international markets now that it has completed its acquisition of PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.'s Global Investment Servicing Inc.
- BNY Mellon Raises Dividend. // American Banker;3/23/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 45, p16
The article notes Bank of New York Mellon Corp. received U.S. regulatory approval for the company's plan to increase quarterly dividends by 44 percent and repurchase $1.3 billion of its common stock.