TOTEs: The Risks Inherent in Taxable TOBs
- Treasury to Sell $31B 4-Week Bills. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p2
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell 31 billion dollars of its four-week discount bills on June 15, 2010.
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;3/29/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p2
Corrections to articles that were published in the March 29, 2010 issue are presented including the misstatement of the status of Vallejo, California's revised bankruptcy workout plan, the listing of specific rating of 900 million dollars worth of bonds that will be sold by the North Texas...
- Munis Unchanged Amid Light Secondary. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/30/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33424, p2
The article offers news briefs related to government securities in the U.S. The municipal market data remain unchanged despite the long holiday season. The Illinois Railsplitter Tobacco Settlement Authority will sell tobacco revenue bonds worth 1.4 million dollars after being jolted by negative...
- GO Yield Curve. // Bondbuyer.com;2/13/2015, p1
A chart is presented that lists government-owned (GO) bond yields in the U.S. as of February 12, 2015, including details about ratings and trading values.
- $1B county bond election appears dead. Lamb, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;5/12/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the cancellation of the bond election at Pima County, Arizona that was intended to fund new and expanded projects amounting to $1 billion. The county's Board of Supervisors during their board meeting in the first week of May 2008 has produced a negative response that led...
- Investing in America. Wild, Russell // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the merits of investing in U.S. Treasury bonds and presents advice from analyst Christopher Phillips of Vanguard Investments. Treasuries have traditionally served as a refuge for investors amid market turbulence. Phillips suggests that 40% of an investor's total bond...
- Wednesday's Data. // Bondbuyer.com;12/30/2015, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 99 17/32 to yield 2.30, up 3/3230-year: 99 3/32 to yield 3.05, down 2/32 Municipal BondIndex 127 6/32, unch The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 12/31) Total: $7.531 billion, up $1.998 billionCompetitive: $3.416 billion, up $763.0 millionNegotiated:...
- Friday's Data. // Bond Buyer;2/16/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34460, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 98 29/32 to yield 1.75, down 31/3230-year: 97 31/32 to yield 2.60, down 1225/32 Municipal BondIndex 129 14/32, down 13/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 02/16) Total: $7.929 billion, up $1.380 billionCompetitive: $2.754 billion, up $182.0...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bondbuyer.com;6/26/2015, p9
The article offers information on the visible supply of bonds per U.S. state which includes Alaska, California, and Washington.