Watching Overtime Clock
- Cuomo Talks Pension Overhaul With New York Mayors. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;2/29/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33671, p8
The article reports on the message by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to the state's mayors on February 27, 2012 regarding his proposal for lawmakers to pass a pension overhaul package that could save the state of 113 billion dollars over 30 years.
- Cuomo's pension reform: Mayor praises, union opposes. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;1/19/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that a Tier VI pension plan that would require an increase in employee contributions has been announced by Governor Andrew Cuomo in New York.
- Cuomo Offers $133B Budget and Pension Reforms. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/18/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33648, p3
The article reports that New York Governor Andrew Mark Cuomo has introduced the 132.5 billion dollar spending plan for 2012-2013, and proposed a pension reform for the state.
- Tier 6 threatens all New Yorkers' retirement security. Primus, Walthene // New York Amsterdam News;3/15/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p13
The article focuses on the new pension plan for state and local government employees by the New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, that will cut pension benefits by 40 percent, increase employees' pension contributions and provide no retirement benefits at all until age 65.
- Why We Protect Public Employee Pensions, Why It Matters To You. Roberts, Lillian // New York Amsterdam News;2/23/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p10
The article offers information on the new Tier VI pension and retirement plan launched by the Governor of New York, Andrew M. Cuomo.
- Cuomo 'flexible' on pensions. Gallagher, Patrick // Westchester County Business Journal;3/5/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the move of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to be flexible on pension reform after receiving support from a group of New York mayors and county executives.
- New York School Districts Not Using New Pension Smoothing. Slavin, Robert // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;7/24/2013, p2
The article reports that the plan of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to reduce the required contributions of local governments in the near term for employees hired in 2012 or later, approved by New York lawmakers, that took effect on April 1, 2013, has not been used by New York school districts.
- Cuomo pushes against public pension benefits, unions push back. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;7/21/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 29, p10
The article reports on an announcement made by New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo that his top goal for next year will be curbing public pension benefits. According to Cuomo, public employees who stay in New York contributes to the economy, by getting more than 80 percent of the pension...
- Progress, but at a price. // Crain's New York Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p0010
The article reports on the legislation concerning pension in Albany, New York. It notes that the legislation that has been passed by Governor Andrew Cuomo and promoted by business groups can save 80 billion dollars on pension payments over the next 30 years. It mentions that the savings can lead...