New Orleans Is in Financial Peril, Mayor Landrieu Says
- LOUISIANA: Landrieu Backs Hospital Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/23/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33538, p7
The article reports that Mitch Landrieu, mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, said that the state should go on with its plan to build a 1.2 billion dollars hospital in New Orleans to provide the specialized medical training and research.
- Blight fight shifts gears. I. M. // New Orleans Magazine;Feb2011, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the measures used by New Orleans, Louisiana Mayor Mitch Landrieu to eliminate or remediate 10,000 blighted homes in the city such as hosting biweekly BlightStat meetings and organizing volunteer residents to help during "Fight the Blight " enforcement sweeps of targeted...
- LOUISIANA: Landrieu: More GO Zoners. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33272, p9
The article reports on the consideration of New Orleans, Louisiana Mayor Mitch Landrieu for an extension of the Gulf Opportunity Zone bond program.
- LOUISIANA: Tight New Orleans Budget. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/1/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33807, p6
The article focuses on the budget of New Orleans, Louisiana proposed by state's mayor Mitch Landrieu for the year 2013.
- LOUISIANA: New Orleans Talks Begin. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/8/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33811, p7
The article reports that New Orleans City Council of Louisiana has begun its review of Mayor Mitch Landrieu's proposed spending plan and operating budget of 491.4 million U.S. dollars for the year 2013.
- Landrieu calls for regional tourism push. Butler, Elisabeth // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/19/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p5
Reports that Governor Mitch Landrieu in Louisiana has called for regional tourism. Need for tourism-based businesses to form regional partnerships; Highlights if the Travel & Tourism Summit; Impact of international tourism on economic opportunities.
- New Orlean's Landrieu Unveils $483M Operating Budget. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/18/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33399, p5
The article reports on the move of Mitch Landrieu, mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, to unveil the operating budget of 483 million dollars for 2011 to be used for essential city services.
- New Orleans Mayor Wants Board's Take on Airport Plan. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;8/25/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33572, p3
The article discusses the statement of Mitch Landrieu, mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, regarding the significance of the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport to boost the area's economy and tourism.
- Landrieu on right track with tourism message. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/23/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p14
The article comments on the impact of Hurricane Katrina on the tourism industry in New Orleans, Louisiana. Lieutenant Governor Mitch Landrieu estimated the revenue loss per day since the storm hit the region. According to a survey, thirty four percent of potential visitors are less interested in...