VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- THE 'NAM. HOLT, JEFF G. // Hot Bike;Aug2015, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p10
The author talks about his visit in Vietman, mentioning the many developments and the daily living in the country that he observed, as well as bike riding and the legality of big bikes in the country.
- Vietnam: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2005, p59
Presents information on Vietnam. Geography; History; Social conditions; Government; Political conditions; Foreign relations.
- Vietnam: Open for business but keeping grip on people. Senser, Robert A. // Christian Science Monitor;4/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 107, p19
Describes the political, social and economic condition of Vietnam under Hanoi regime. Allegations against Hanoi by the Very Venerable Thich Huyen Quang, patriarch of independent Unified Buddhist Church and Dr. Nguyen Dan Que.
- MADE IN VIETNAM. Prasso, Sheridan // Fortune;12/11/2006, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p154
The article discusses workers at the Danu Vina factory in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, which makes stuffed animals for Disney and other companies. The article presents the experiences of Duong Thi BeSau ("Baby Six"), who works as a stitcher at the factory with her sisters. Statistics related to...
- A Bright Future Ahead?: A Pilot Study of the Vietnamese Labour Market and its Social and Economic Context. Blien, Uwe; Phan Thi Hong Van // Internationales Asienforum;2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3/4, p313
Vietnam is a country which has shown high rates of economic growth in the past 20 years. The absolute level of incomes and of the standard of living is still low, however. There is hope that the situation will improve in the future, though in the current period unpleasant signs of an economic...
- Vietnam Today Passing from Communism. Kolko, Gabriel // CounterPunch;Aug2012, p1
The article presents the author's views on Vietnam which he believes is suffering from the consequences of Communism. He states that the weaknesses of Communist parties in Vietnam have emerged and has resulted to a crises similar to those that caused the Soviet Union to fail. He discusses the...
- "Crossing the Street with Blinders On": A Visit to Contemporary Vietnam. Gibbon, Sherry // Social Science Docket;Winter/Spring2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p70
The article presents the author's views on the socio-economic conditions in Vietnam. The author visited Hanoi, arranged by his college. There are many motorbikes and bicycles running in the streets. According to the author, the Vietnamese government is not opposed to the concept of free...
- The challenge ahead. Shaplen, Robert // Columbia Journalism Review;Winter1970/1971, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p40
This article discusses the impact of war on the socioeconomic condition of Vietnam. The war's overall effects on the Vietnamese have been cataclysmically destructive, not only in physical terms but psychologically and socially. The Single biggest effect of the conflict has been the urbanization...
- Vietnamâ€™s Second Revolution. Pond, Elizabeth // World Policy Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p107
An essay is presented on economic and political conditions in Vietnam. Particular focus is given to the role of young people under the age of 29 in Vietnam's economy and society. According to the author, this is the first generation to adopt of middle-class European mindset and standard of...