Losing The Attention Of Foreign Investors
- Thailand: The Outlook Brightens. Delios, Andrew; Keeley, Timothy D. // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p44
Looks at the economy of Thailand as of January 2000. State of trade activity in the country; Survey about the strategy of Japanese companies when investing in the country; Views of respondents on the business climate.
- The economics of latent demand in Thailand. // Thailand Economic Studies;2000, p15
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within Thailand that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key...
- Executive Summary. Allsopp, Stuart; Anderson, Kathryn // Thailand Business Forecast Report;Q2 2012, Issue 2, p5
The article offers information on the economic condition of Thailand in which political uncertainties have led in depressed foreign direct investment in the economy.
- `Overseas growers' might provide stability. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p65
Answers financial questions sent in by readers of the `Indianapolis Business Journal.' Factors to consider in foreign investments; System for figuring out tax-exempt equivalent yields.
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
Presents political, economic and business risks faced by Thailand as of April 2003. Concerns regarding the ongoing U.S.-led war on Iraq; Year-on-year percentage growth in gross domestic product of the country in the fourth quarter of 2002; Increase in consumer confidence index in February 2003.
- chapter 4: Business Environment. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2006 3rd Quarter, p29
The article examines the business conditions in Thailand. The country is in the process of forging free-trade agreement with the U.S. government in an effort to attract foreign investors and to improve its foreign trade. Sectors that are enjoying growth include petrochemicals, the automobile...
- Thailand's Internationalization and Its Rural Sector. Krongkaew, Medhi // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Mar1995, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p306
The recent boom in the Thai economy is attributable mainly to three factors in the its external sectors, namely its export growth, its increase in revenue from tourism, and its increase in direct foreign investment. These developments have changed the Thai economic structure, and affected rural...
- Thailand. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;1/ 1/2013, preceding p1
The article provides information on the political and economic forecast for Thailand for October 2012. It includes topics such as political regime scenarios, forecasts of risk to international business, and the climate for investment and trade. Also discussed are social conditions, political...
- Thailand Loosens the Reins on Offshore Investment. // World Trade;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p20
Reports that the central bank of Thailand has decided to further loosen controls on offshore investment. Significance of the decision; Economic conditions of Thailand.