More Outflows for HY, Loan Funds Positive
- Smith Graham to launch new fund. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;11/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the plan of Smith Graham and Co. to launch a global high yield fund.
- YEAR-TO-DATE HIGH YIELD FUNDS. // High Yield Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p3
Presents a chart showing the performance of high yield funds in the United States as of July 31, 2000.
- New Deals Price Before Labor Day. // High Yield Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p4
Analyzes the performance of the high-yield mutual fund and bond markets in the United States as of August 2000.
- Investors Resume Withdrawals from HY Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/10/2011, p15
The article reports that investors have resumed withdrawals from junk bond mutual fund in the week ended October 4, 2011.
- Junk funds clean up their reputation. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;5/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 128, p8
Presents information about the mutual funds called junk bond funds. Who issues junk bonds; What experts say; Statistical information on mutual fund performance as reported on May 29, 1997; Guidelines for choosing a high-yield bond fund.
- Summit fund reaches the top; manager sees lots of good `junk.' G. H. // Christian Science Monitor;5/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 128, p8
Presents information on high-yield bond funds, with reference to the Summit High Yield Fund, which is the number one such fund in America. Comments from portfolio manager of the fund, Steven Sutermeister; List of the best performing junk bonds funds through May 16, 1997.
- High-Yield Funds Attracting Investors. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the percent average of mutual funds that invest in high-yield junk bonds in the U.S. Decrease on the total default rate for high-yield issuers; Effect of the war in Iraq on the high-yield bond market; History of the credit market. INSET: TOP US HIGH-YIELD ISSUES IN MARCH 2003.
- Junk Bond Funds Lose $3.46B. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;12/10/2015, p9
The article reports on the losses posted by junk bond mutual funds with withdrawals for high yield mutual funds or junk bond mutual funds totaling 3.46 billion U.S. dollars for the week ended December 9, 2015.
- JUNK: RICH YIELDS BUT RISING RISKS. Hylton, Richard D.; Wyatt, John // Fortune;5/29/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p150
Provides investment advice on the junk bond market for the week of May 29, 1995. How the junk bond market bounced back in the first quarter of 1995 after a poor showing in 1994; Why investors should still proceed with caution; How the risks in bonds of below-investment-grade companies are...