Drilling Paradise Dry?
- Should We Drill in Alaska? // Junior Scholastic;9/17/2001, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p5
Argues the viability of drilling oil and natural gas in Alaska. Percentage of the American citizens opposing to the oil drilling; Views of environmentalists on land and wildlife of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Recognition on the need for additional energy sources.
- Arctic Oil, Frozen Dialogue. // Christian Science Monitor;8/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 196, p10
Presents opinions on the 2000 United States presidential candidates views on oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge of Alaska.
- Oil debate in Alaska is all in a name. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/95, Vol. 87 Issue 150, p4
Discusses the conflict between oil development and environmental preservation due to the oil drilling project of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska. Debate on the subject; Details of the government decision to endorse oil drilling by the ANWR.
- Oil on ice. Mitchell, John G.; Kasmauski, Karen // National Geographic;Apr97, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p104
Focuses on the debate between environmentalists, oil industry advocates and Inupiat Eskimoes over proposed exploratory drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. The competing visions for the future of Alaska's wild lands; The coastal plain of the Arctic Refuge as one of the...
- In Alaska, Oil is Still the Issue. Campbell, Diana // Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the raging debate over whether or not to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil and gas exploration centers in Alaska. Impact of the drilling on the calving grounds of caribou; Proposal on the lease sale of the refuge; Development of alternative energy sources.
- Drilling Paradise Dry? de Seve, Karen // Science World;10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p15
Provides information on oil as well as the plans of the United States government to let oil companies explore and drill inside the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- To Drill or Not to Drill. // Science World (Teacher's Edition);10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p5
Presents teaching materials for a classroom debate about oil well drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Lusting after black gold. Mathews, Jessica // National Wildlife;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p15
Editorial. Discusses Alaska's plan to open up part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) for oil drilling. Alaska's problems; Solutions to problems; Presidents Regan and Bush cases for opening ANWR.
- Oil Drilling in Alaska. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6/7, p161
Discusses the Congressional debate over the disposition of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska, which is also a potentially rich petroleum production source. History of the ANWR; President George W. Bush administration's plan to include oil and gas drilling to increase domestic...