Refugee camp in the heart of the city
- SYRIA TO HELP RESOLVE PFLP-GC ARMS ISSUE -- REPORT. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/9/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4827, p1
The article reports on the preparation of Syria to help in resolving the issue about the Palestinian arms outside the refugee camps in Lebanon.
- Building bridges with the experts. Birchmore, Sue // New Scientist;8/3/91, Vol. 131 Issue 1780, p47
Relates the author's participation in a simulated emergency involving the setting up of a refugee camp in Yorkshire, England. Construction of a temporary bridge; Plans for the camp's layout; United Nations guidelines on the amount of space per person.
- Refugee Camp comes to Adelaide. // AEU SA Branch Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p19
The article announces that the Mï¿½decins Sans Frontiï¿½res is encouraging education networks, teachers and students to experience a refugee camp in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Cuban refugees riot. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/19/94, Issue 51, p12
Reports on rioting in Cuban refugee in four camps outside Panama City, Panama. Injuries suffered by American soldiers guarding them; American refusal to change immigration policy.
- Ikafe refugee settlement. // New Internationalist;Sep96, Issue 283, p11
Chronicles the history of a refugee settlement in Aringa county, Uganda called Ikafe.
- Democracy in waiting. // New Internationalist;Sep96, Issue 283, p24
Focuses on the electoral system and decision-making structure of Ikafe refugee settlement in Uganda. Critical involvement of women in camp government; Imposition of a new system of government for the refugees.
- Killing the dream. van der Gaag, Nikki // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb97, Issue 287, p23
Presents an update on the activities in Ikafe, a refugee settlement in northern Uganda. Attack by rebels; Burning of settlement area; Koboko attack; Shooting and burning of homes in Koboko; Request for the refugees to move in safer areas.
- The unrelenting sky. // New Internationalist;Dec97, Issue 297, p14
Presents information on the Saharawi refugee camps in Algeria, Western Sahara. Description of the conditions of the camps in comparison to other surrounding camps; How the people in the camps are models of efficient local government, who have great achievements in health and education; What can...
- Photo essay. Reed, Eli // Nieman Reports;Summer98, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p18
Presents a photo essay depicting life at the Benaco refugee camp in Tanzania during late April and early May, 1994. Amount of persons who lived at the camp; Living conditions at the camp; Assistance from the Doctors Without Borders organization.
- U.N. official says kids living in refugee camps can too easily lose their childhood innocence. // New York Amsterdam News;04/26/97, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p20
Focuses on the statements made by the United Nations regarding the effects of living in refugee camps on children. Details on the effects; Reasons for the trauma suffered by child refugees; Comments from senior liaison officer for the United Nations, Marie Okabe.