New US law applies 'sunshine' to physician payments and gifts from drug, device industries
- Caring about others: Drug shortages. Osborne, Carl A.; Nwaokorie, Eugene // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Jan2012, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the role of pharmacists and veterinarians in identifying drug shortages and protocols to minimize drug-related adverse events. As reported, a severe shortage of prescription drugs, including injectable anesthetic drugs, chemotherapy agents and antimicrobial drugs, is...
- The high cost of injustice. MALVEAUX, JULIANNE // Charlotte Post;7/31/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p4A
The author discusses the cost of injustice in the U.S., and the effort of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to reform the drug sentencing laws which reduce the discrepancy between crack and powdered cocaine.
- Narco-Violence in Mexico: A Growing Threat to U.S. Security. McCaffrey, Barry R. // American Diplomacy;1/20/2009, p1
The article presents a memorandum which offers a strategic and operational assessment of drugs and crime in Mexico. It is based on the first three-day meeting of the International Forum of Intelligence and Security Specialists which is an Advisory Body to the Mexican Federal Law Enforcement...
- REGION BRIEFS. // Navajo Times;3/26/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 12, pC5
The article offers news briefs in the Navajo region. The 2009 Omnibus Spending Bill, signed by U.S. President Barack Obama, will benefit many projects in New Mexico, including $1.9 million for the Navajo Electrification Project and $2 million for Navajo Technical College. Governor Bill...
- Historic food safety bill enacted. Richardson, Len // California Farmer;Feb2011, Vol. 294 Issue 2, p23
The article offers information on the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act signed by President Barack Obama on January 4 to strengthen the authority of FDA in 2011.
- The Truth on Drugs â€¦ Any Questions? Sirota, David // Progressive Populist;5/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the issue concerning the speculation on the legalization of marijuana by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration. It reveals that marijuana has been found to be safer compared to heroin and alcoholic beverages, such as beer. It states that allowing the trade of...
- A Call for Transparency in Research and Marketing. Wechsler, Jill // Pharmaceutical Technology;Mar2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the issues surrounding the transparency theme demanded by President Barack Obama on all federal agencies, especially in healthcare reform efforts, in the U.S. As part of the transparency initiative, pharmaceutical companies are required disclosure on drug research,...
- Release Low-Level, Nonviolent Drug Offenders. Malveaux, Julianne // Washington Informer;7/23/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 41, p26
The author discusses U.S. President Barack Obama's commutation of low-level, non-violent drug sentences dealing with the draconian sentences received by those imprisoned on drug-related offenses and the need for reforms in the criminal justice system.
- 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Pot. WINDISH, JOE // Moderate Voice;10/17/2011, p1
The article highlights the legalization of marijuana in the U.S. It notes that the move of President Barack Obama to escalate the war on drugs and on laws involving marijuana has given the citizens the opportunity to realize the effects of the prohibition-based drug laws. It adds that a...