United States shifts focus to food marketing in battle to reduce childhood obesity
- Processors to Cut 1.5 Trillion Calories by 2015. // Food Processing (00156523);Jun2010, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the agreement signed by Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation (HWCF)'s food and beverage processors, which aims for the reduction of calories customers eat up by 1.5 trillion calories by 2015, in coordination with the U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Fighting childhood obesity. Edelman, Marian Wright // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;4/1/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on the Let's Move campaign of the U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama on fighting childhood obesity.
- Feds, With State Help, Ban School Bake Sales. // New American (08856540);8/25/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p8
The article offers information on a report published in the August 1, 2014 issue of the "Wall Street Journal," regarding the 2010 Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act and the "Let's Move!" campaign implemented by U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama intended to prevent childhood obesity.
- Michelle Obama's school cafeteria. Hale, Duff // Ellis County Press;2/23/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p3
The author examines the effectiveness of the initiative of U.S. First Lady Michele Obama in preventing childhood obesity.
- First Lady Michelle Obama Launches Interactive 'Let's Move' Map. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;4/22/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p2
The article offers information on "Let's Move" program, an interactive online map launched by first lady Michelle Obama to encourage people in planting vegetables in the White House Kitchen Garden to combat childhood obesity.
- OBAMA'S ANTI-OBESITY EFFORT PRAISED. // SN: Supermarket News;2/8/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p51
The article reports on the approval of U.S. first lady Michelle Obama's plans to launch a major initiative to reverse the trend toward obesity in children.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Friedman, Nick // Scholastic Parent & Child;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
The article comments on the Let's Move campaign of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama which battles against obesity in children.
- Fighting Childhood Obesity. // Islamic Horizons;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
The article announces the launch of initiatives on the fight against childhood obesity, a program of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, participated in by Janeen Najeeb as representative of the Islam Society of North America (ISNA) on August 28, 2012 in Racine, Wisconsin.
- National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, 2013. // Federal Register;9/6/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 173, p54739
The article offers information on the National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month in 2013, initiative of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama to fight childhood obesity in the country.