Task force urges medical school networking
- Rush gets perfect score in HRC index. DAVIS, ANDREW // Windy City Times;5/20/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p7
The article announces that the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois has achieved a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign's Healthcare Equity Index (HEI) for 2009.
- Do No Harm. Ellis, Harold // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Apr2014, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p237
No abstract available.
- THOMSON REUTERS' 100 TOP HOSPITALS, 2011. // Modern Healthcare;9/12/2011 Supplement, p16
A list of the 100 Top U.S. Hospitals is presented including Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Northwestern Memorial Hospital and NorthShore University Health System.
- Raising the quality of rheumatology management recommendations: lessons from the EULAR process 10 years after provision of standard operating procedures. Colebatch-Bourn, Alexandra N.; Conaghan, Philip G.; Arden, Nigel K.; Cooper, Cyrus; Dougados, Maxime; Edwards, Christopher J. // Rheumatology;Aug2015, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p1392
Objective. To increase understanding of how to raise the quality of rheumatology guidelines by reviewing European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) management recommendations, using the Appraisal of Guidelines for Research and Evaluation (AGREE) II instrument, 10 years after publication of the...
- Government panel takes a look at health care in Canada. // Chain Drug Review;8/10/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p50
The author comments on the government report "Unleashing Innovation: Excellent Healthcare for Canada," which examines the challenges facing the health care sector and the areas requiring federal action to promote innovation, quality and sustainability of medical care.
- Quality management systems in radiology. Korir, G. K.; Wambani, J. S.; Korir, I. K.; Tries, M.; Mulama, B. // South African Journal of Radiology;Aug2013, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p84
Background. The use of X-ray imaging is ever increasing in proportion to the need for radiological services and the latest technology. Quality management of patient radiation dose monitoring is fundamental to safety and quality improvement of radiological services. Objective. To assess the level...
- Pressure ulcer prevalence among hospitalised adults in university hospitals in South-west Nigeria. Adegoke, B. O. A.; Odole, A. C.; Akindele, L. O.; Akinpelu, A. O. // Wound Practice & Research;Sep2013, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p128
Pressure ulcers are recognised universally as a largely preventable patient safety problem and a measure of the quality of care provided by health institutions. The prevalence of pressure ulcers among hospitalised patients in Nigeria has been sparingly reported. This study investigated the...
- Defining quality and Empowering everyone to achieve it. JAROUSSE, LEE ANN // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2012, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses the goals of the American Hospital Association-McKesson Quest for Quality awards, which are given to U.S. hospitals that provide exemplary health care services. A profile of University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, which received one of the awards in...
- RADIAL CATHETERIZATION. // Radiology Today;Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p49
The article discusses a study from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Washington Medical Center, and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, which shows that radial access offers patients reduced complications and faster mobility after...