Adverse reaction reports soaring
- Olanzapine/risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;8/13/2011, Issue 1364, p35
The article describes two cases of male patients who developed parkinsonism, tachycardia and drowsiness while undergoing olanzapine and risperidone therapy for paranoid schizophrenia.
- Quetiapine. // Reactions Weekly;8/13/2011, Issue 1364, p38
The article describes two cases of patients who developed cardiomyopathies and subsequently died after receiving treatment with quetiapine.
- Quetiapine. // Reactions Weekly;4/16/2011, Issue 1347, p34
The article describes the case of a 77-year-old woman who experienced fatal hepatoxicity during treatment with antipsychotic quetiapine for agitation and severe insomnia.
- Adverse Drug Reactions in Older People: Detection and Prevention. Petrovic, Mirko; Van der Cammen, Tischa; Onder, Graziano // Drugs & Aging;2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p453
Adverse drug reactions (ADRs) in older adults are an important healthcare problem since they are frequently a cause of hospitalization, occur commonly during admission, and are an important cause of morbidity and mortality. Older adults are particularly susceptible to ADRs because they are...
- Quetiapine overdose. // Reactions Weekly;1/8/2011, Issue 1333, p31
This article describes a case study of a 32-year-old man who developed various toxicities after intake of a quetiapine overdose.
- Mirtazapine/olanzapine/quetiapine. // Reactions Weekly;1/8/2011, Issue 1333, p28
This article describes a case study of a 74-year-old man who developed parkinsonism and neuroleptic malignant syndrome during treatment with antipsychotics.
- The Importance of ocular Tolerability. // Review of Ophthalmology;Aug2003, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p68
Discusses the importance of ocular tolerability as important drug characteristics. Relevance of efficacy and a solid safety profile; Consideration of the psychological link between adverse side-effects and non-compliance; Concerns on the increased iris pigmentation.
- Cerivastatin: rare effect of rhabdomyolysis. // WHO Drug Information;2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p23
Examines the association of cerivastatin with rhabdomyolysis in Australia. Description of Rhabdomyolysis; Contraindication on the use of cerivastatin and gemfibrozil; Prescription of cerivastatin.
- Drug reactions cost hospitals time and money. // AHA News;1/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports that adverse reactions to prescription drugs double death risks and prolong hospital stays according to a study published in January 22, 1997 issue of `Journal of the American Medical'.
- Bad company: Marijuana & antidepressants. // Current Health 2;Oct97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Presents information on the side effects of using marijuana while being treated with tricyclic antidepressants. Identification of what can occur when these drugs are mixed; Information from surveys on these drugs.