Adding 'Pull' to 'Push' Education in the Context of Neomillennial E-learning: YouTube and the Case of "Diagnosis Wenckebach."
- TED launches learning initiative at YouTube. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2012, p65
The article reports on the launch of the TED-Ed initiative which is an education channel on the online social networking site YouTube in 2012.
- VIRAL VIDEO. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/4/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p3
A YouTube video on Facebook Manners is presented.
- Redes de aprendizaje, aprendizaje en red. Sloep, Peter; Berlanga, Adriana // Comunicar;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p55
Learning Networks are on-line social networks through which users share knowledge with each other and jointly develop new knowledge. This way, Learning Networks may enrich the experience of formal, school-based learning and form a viable setting for professional development. Although networked...
- Descriptive Analysis of YouTube Music Therapy Videos. Gooding, Lori F.; Gregory, Dianne // Journal of Music Therapy;Fall2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p357
The purpose of this study was to conduct a descriptive analysis of music therapy-related videos on YouTube. Preliminary searches using the keywords music therapy, music therapy session, and "music therapy session" resulted in listings of 5000, 767, and 59 videos respectively. The narrowed down...
- ONLINE. Cooper, Ben // Inside Film;Jan2008, Issue 105, p32
The article provides information on several Internet videos and Web sites that stood out in 2007. Included are an online/offline debate started by the band Radiohead on the digital download version of their album "In Rainbows," the growing popularity of the social networking site Facebook, and...
- Moving Targets. // JCK;
The article offers information on the mobile photography application video service Instagram Video from online photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service Instagram.
- Keeping It Real: Using Authentic Materials in a GED Class. Siegel, Jill // Adult Basic Education & Literacy Journal;Summer2007, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p100
The article focuses on the use of authentic materials in a General Education Development (GED) class. According to the author, the utilization of these materials allowed her to facilitate learning experiences that integrated school with the everyday lives of each learner. She adds that the...
- Video Helps The Radio Star. Heine, Paul // Billboard;4/25/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 16, p66
The article discusses the effect of Internet video and social media websites on the popularity of online radio streaming. Details are provided about data from Arbiton and Edison Research which illustrates the increase in the number of people listening to radio streams online. The role of online...
- Free Them Vultures. Scott, David Meerman // EContent;Dec2009, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p48
The author focuses on the official Web site of the Them Crooked Vultures band. He notes that the site has a link that goes to an active forum where people can discuss the band. He cites that the group owns a Twitter feed and a MySpace page, and the other official content is its YouTube channel....