New eyewear regulations draw ire of optometrists
- Don't Do Me Any Favors. Hellem, Amy // Review of Optometry;4/15/2010, Vol. 147 Issue 4, p21
The author reflects on the actions taken by the health services minister Kevin Falcon of British Columbia with which one can order contact lenses and glasses through internet without any prescription. He mentions that this measure can become a risk to the public and set them for infections. He...
- Ontario Opticians Under Fire: HPRAC Report on Collaboration Among Eye Health Care Professionals. // Eye Care Review;Aug2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p37
The article presents a reprint of the article "Ontario Opticians Under Fire: HPRAC Report on Collaboration Among Eye Health Care Professionals," released by the Health Professions Regulatory Advisory Council (HPRAC) on July 14, 2010. The report focuses on the collaboration between optometrists...
- Children's Optical: Little Tykes, Large Opportunity. Smith, Lorraine Labiento; Smith, Matthew // Review of Optometry;Sep2013, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p50
The article offers advice on marketing eyewear to children, as the World Health Organization reveals that 5-15 percent of children have refractive errors in their eyes. Optometrists must seek the correct community inhabited mostly by children in order to have a network of professionals that can...
- Voting down the HST will cost B.C. billions. Jones, Laura // South Asian Post;4/28/2011, p22
The author reflects on the inquiry of Finance Minister Kevin Falcon about the Harmonized Sale Tax medicine in British Columbia.
- Eyewear's designer boom. Meadus, Amanda // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/27/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 60, Vision p4
Reports on the expansion of eyewear industry retailers in department and specialty stores. Development of designer eyewear business; Exposure in stores as critical to attracting customers; Volumes of business in sunglasses and ophthalmic frames; Bausch & Lomb's creation of Outlook Eyewear...
- Growth in aging population makes reading glass manufacturers happy. Rosendahl, Iris // Drug Topics;11/22/93, Vol. 137 Issue 22, p83
Reports on the increase in demands for reading glasses due to growth in the aging population. Estimated number of Americans over 50 by the year 2010; Bonneau Co.'s products; Magnivision's frame styles; Magnivision's three programs; Album displays from Magnivision; In-store service company...
- A visionary study. // Adweek Western Edition;10/9/95, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p30
Reports on Euromonitor's forecast of growth in worldwide sales of eyeglasses for 1995. Increase in sales by the end of the decade; Reason for the increase in sales.
- The Stakes: Why We Need Marriage. Gallagher, Maggie // Human Life Review;Summer2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p85
Presents a reprint of the article "The Stakes: Why We Need Marriage," by Maggie Gallagher published in the July 14, 2003 issue of "National Review Online."
- Crain's makes reprints available. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/11/93, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p17
Announces the availability of article or advertisement reprints in the reprint program of the newspaper, `Crain's Detroit Business.' Delivery schedule of reprints; Cost of rush deliveries; Contact information.