First lady aims to trim American waist sizes
- Michelle Obama Launches "Let's Move" to Battle Childhood Obesity. // Illinois Journal for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Da;Spring2010, Vol. 65, p44
The article reports on the goals of the initiative developed by U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama to combat childhood obesity in the country.
- First lady to restaurants: Cut your cream and butter. Viebeck, Elise // Hill;9/14/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 98, p22
The article focuses on the statement from First Lady Michelle Obama in which she urged owners of restaurants to consider a wider variety of healthy menus to address obesity in children.
- Michelle Obama starts project to combat childhood obesity. Tanne, Janice Hopkins // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/20/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7743, p387
The article deals with "Let's Move" program launched by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama to address childhood obesity in the country.
- First lady announces plan to eliminate childhood obesity. Roberti, Nikki // La Prensa San Diego;2/12/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p4
The article gives information on U.S. First lady Michelle Obama's campaign to suppress children's obesity.
- First Lady pays a visit to New Jersey elementary school. TOWNES, GLENN // New York Amsterdam News;11/25/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 48, p4
The article reports that U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama visited the Maple Avenue School in Newark, New York on November 18, 2010 to advocate her national platform of children's healthy eating habits and to raise awareness about childhood obesity where she discussed a report on childhood obesity...
- Industry supports health campaigns. Sweeney, Dawn // Nation's Restaurant News;4/5/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
In this article the author discusses the health campaign, Let's Move, launched by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama to include more fruits, vegetable and juice in student lunches in order to prevent and eliminate childhood obesity.
- Moms Today: Calling for action. // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p11
The article offers information on a lady called Barb Flis of Michigan, who has been invited to the U.S. White House to support the Let's Move initiative of Michelle Obama, wife of U.S. President Barack Obama, which has been designed to reduce childhood obesity in the country.
- A Garden Changes History. Tarrant-Reid, Linda // Washington Informer;6/2/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 83, p21
In this article, the author discusses the Let's Move! Initiative program launched by First Lady Michelle Obama to solve the challenge of childhood obesity within a generation.
- First lady heads White House initiative against childhood obesity. // American Teacher;May/Jun2010, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the plan of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama to initiate a national campaign called Let's Move, aimed at fighting the growing rates of childhood obesity in 2010.