National electronic health records initiative remains muddled, auditors say
- Improving public health through syndromic surveillance. AMIRFAR, VIBHUTI ARYA // Pharmacy Today;Jan2015, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p45
The article discusses the use of syndromic surveillance for the improvement of public health through electronic health records (EHRs). It mentions that syndromic surveillance is a process which uses the real-time data on the trends in disease and community health-seeking behaviors for the...
- A three-year Performance Evaluation of the NHS Hospitals in Greece. Polyzos, N. // Hippokratia;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p350
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to access the performance of 117 Greek National Health System (NHS) hospitals for the year 2011, to compare the findings with the results from similar studies of the previous years (2009 and 2010) and to investigate the changes during the last three years...
- Editorial. Smith, Chris // Tropical Doctor;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p65
The author reflects on the function of health links in international development. He says that despite the increasing number of health links, evidence of their impact and effectiveness have been few. He mentions the role of the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain and the British...
- GP data row prompts NHS England U-turn. // Pulse;Nov2013, p12
The article focuses on the care data scheme of the National Health Service (NHS) England which will allow collection of patient-identifiable information from general practitioner (GP) records.
- Life and limb on the job. Munday, Dave // Community Practitioner;Feb2009, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p38
The article offers information on the Partnership for Occupational Safety and Health in Healthcare (POSHH) group in Great Britain. The group, which is a sub-group of the National Health Service (NHS) Staff Council, has the responsibility to raise the standards of occupational health and safety...
- National Health Security Strategy. // AHA News;1/11/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- NEW HAMPSHIRE HEALTHIEST... Roszak, Dennis J. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2000, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p80
Focuses on the health ratings of states across the United States as of December 2000. Other states along with New Hampshire considered as healthiest; Basis of the ratings.
- The important stuff: Parting words from APHA's president. Murray, Linda Rae // Nation's Health;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p3
The author talks about the need for public health leaders to inform the public about important matters that may affect them.
- Auditor-General critical of Health Canada regulatory performance. Garmaise, David // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;May2007, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p27
The article reports on the comment of the Sheila Fraser, the Auditor-General of Canada, on the performance of Health Canada in 2006. Fraser said that Health Canada had not been successful in setting performance targets for all of its regulatory programs. She added that the funding remains...