College funding cuts cause arb sector fears
- AYRSHIRE AND ARRAN AIM HIGHER. // Forestry & British Timber;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the availability of grants for Ayrshire landowners from the Scottish Executive for woodland establishment. Forestry Minister Allan Wilson's introduction of the Ayrshire and Arran Woodland Strategy (AAWS) in January 2003; Identification of landscapes of very poor quality, which would...
- NEW HOPE FOR NEW RECRUITS. // Forestry & British Timber;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p8
Announces the availability of grants during 2003 to 2004 from the Forestry Contracting Association's (FCA) training aid project. Goal of addressing the shortfall of young people taking up a forestry career; Sources of funding for the grants; Individual contracts to be drawn up between the FCA,...
- Lord Rooker's Rectory recce. // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the funding package received by the Forest of Marston Vale to acquire the Rectory Farm in Bedfordshire, England. Number of native trees and shrubs planted in the farm as a new woodland; Use of the swathes of meadowland to link fragments of ancient woodland to enhance the ecological...
- Indonesia's flawed forest investment plan endorsed. // CFA Newsletter;Dec2012, Issue 59, p18
The article reports that the Indonesian Plan was endorsed nby Indonesia's Forest Investment Program (FIP) sub-committee, which will require the allocation of concessional loan and grant worth $70 million for the forest carbon management programs and community forestry.
- Re-greening ROCHDALE. // Forestry & British Timber;Jul2007, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on the forest regeneration program Belfield Project in Rochdale, England. It was intended to rejuvenate 435 hectares of the region's damaged land to encourage economic growth and create new opportunities for leisure and recreation. In support of the program, the Northwest...
- Woodlands-related funding still available through EQIP. Atchison, Robert // High Plains Journal;2/18/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p9-B
The article informs that the last date of applying for funds given under the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Cooperative Conservation Partnership Initiative for woodland and windbreak improvement projects is February 15, 2013.
- Conserving forests makes good business sense. French, Jameson // New Hampshire Business Review;11/18/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p19
The article reports on the Forest Legacy Program and the Land and Water Conservation Fund which provides funds that enable private forestland owners to sell easements on their acreage and ensure that they are able to continue logging and provide recreational access in New Hampshire.
- Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies. // Metalurgia International;2009 Special Issue, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p145
The organization of the rational exploitation of the forestry fund, adopted ever since the XIX Century, was abandoned after tile forests nationalization, unposed by the communist regime in 1948. Urbanization and industrialization, held in view by this regime, did not take into account the...
- Please forgive winterberry. Bender, Steve // Southern Living;Nov97, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p96
Presents information on the winterberry plant. Environments in which the plants can grow; How to grow a winterberry plant; Description of the plant. INSET: Winterberry at a glance..