ILLINOIS: Balance-Sheet Boosters
- I. Basic aspects of the CRS Aid Activity database. // Creditor Reporting System on Aid Activities -- Systeme de notifi;Sep2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 5, p7
Presents information on the basic aspects of the Creditor Reporting System (CRS) Aid Activity database. Data that can be found in the database; Aim of the creation of the CRS; Functions of CRS.
- UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND REHABILITATION ADMINISTRATION. // International Organization;Aug49, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p568
This article presents a summary of the financial report of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration, which was liquidated on March 31, 1949. Established as a temporary agency to assist war-devastated countries, the report indicated that majority of its total resources was in...
- Auditor: Stimulus controls to police fraud 'ineffective.'. KITCHENMAN, ANDREW // njbiz;8/17/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p4
The article focuses on the concerns about transparency and accountability risks in the reporting of federal stimulus money which were raised in a letter of New Jersey's assistant auditor Stephen M. Eells to Governor Jon S. Corzine following an audit of municipalities and housing authorities....
- PRESENTATION OF SUBSIDIES IN THE FINANCIAL REPORTS OF ECONOMIC ENTITIES - NECESSITY AND IMPORTANCE. Camelia-Daniela, Haţegan; Carmen-Mihaela, Imbrescu; Ovidiu-Octavian, Megan // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p986
This paper approaches theoretical problems regarding the definition and the types of subsidies according to the European Directives and the International Accounting Standards. The paper presents the accounting treatment of subsidies, the accounting policies and their acknowledgement in the...
- CONSIDERATIONS REGARDING THE ACCOUNTING PROFESSION IN EUROPE -COMPETITIVENESS AND PROFESSIONAL ETHICS. Elena, Hlaciuc; Marian, Socoliuc // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p991
The competitiveness is one of the priorities aspects of national economies and the entire EU for the coming years. As is known, the competition, with particular reference to the services area, is a topic of great timeliness, lack of political, trade or economic sector, which does not address...
- CHINA PLAYS RIO'S GAME. Frith, Damon // BRW;2/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p60
The article discusses the worries of Rio Tinto Ltd.'s shareholders in Australia over the shocking move of Aluminum Corp. of China Ltd. or Chinalco. Many dislike about Rio Tinto's proposed U.S.$19.5 billion bail-out by Chinalco but the concern is whether the plan can carry out value to Rio...
- Pledges galore! Offei-Ansah, Jon // New African;May2002, Issue 407, p15
Reports on the financial aid received by the government in Ghana. Debt of the government; Inclusions of the funds; Development of the Ghana Poverty Reduction Strategy.
- World Bank. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the increase in the private resource flow to developing countries. $157 billion as the net flow of external finance to developing countries; Debt forgiveness offset by the capitalization of debt interest and accumulation of arrears; Limiting of capital flows to middle-income...
- F.A.Q. on U.S. Aid to Egypt: Where Does the Money Go-And Who Decides How It's Spent? Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;1/30/2011, p2
The article presents a blog on foreign aid given by the U.S. to Egypt.