Munis Unchanqed as Doldrums Set In
- Munis Surprise with Strong 2014. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/24/2014, Issue 34232, p1
Municipals delivered solid performance overall thanks to the strength of the long duration and high-yield segments.
- Munis Surprise with Strong 2014. Albano, Christine // Financial-planning.com;12/24/2014, p2
The article focuses on the solid performance of the municipal bond market in 2014. Topics covered include the increase in demand due to historic decline in long-term yields, the value of the municipal market and the drop in yields on the 30-year benchmark triple-A general obligation bond. Also...
- Municipals Edge Higher Following Policy Announcement Front Fed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p2
Reports on trading in the municipal bond market in the U.S. on September 21, 2004. Changes in municipal bond yields; Raising of the federal funds rate; Activity in the primary market.
- Muni Prices Weaken Ahead of Next Week's $5.1B Calendar. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;10/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34399, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bond prices finished weaker on Friday, traders said, with yields from one to three basis points stronger.
- Muni Prices Flat as Yellen Speaks, Supply Hits. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/5/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34406, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were steady at mid-session, traders said, as a second wave of new issuance washed over the market on Wednesday.
- Muni Market Heading Into 'Comfortable' $9.1B Week. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
Muni issuance is set for a return to a more comfortable level after two of the biggest weeks of the year.
- Market Awaits Last of Week's New Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The municipal bond market is looking to snap up the last of the week's new issues on Thursday as traders carefully eye the direction of muni yields.
- Municipals Firm in Late Trading; Merrill Wins $836M of Penn. GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p2
The U.S. municipal bond market firmed in late trading on May 20, 2003, reflecting strength in Treasuries, while in the competitive sector of the new-issue market financial services provider Merrill Lynch& Co. won 836 million dollars of Pennsylvania general obligation bonds. Treasuries spiked in...
- Munis Ease as Treasury Losses Bring Out Arbitrage Sellers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p2
The article reports on developments in the municipal bonds market in the U.S. Traders confirmed that municipal bond yields increased by one and three basis points. Large sellers prevailed in the market which discouraged buyers. The heavy selling was due to the supply and demand imbalances in the...