Munis Unchanqed as Doldrums Set In
- Munis Surprise with Strong 2014. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/24/2014, Issue 34232, p1
Municipals delivered solid performance overall thanks to the strength of the long duration and high-yield segments.
- Munis Surprise with Strong 2014. Albano, Christine // Financial-planning.com;12/24/2014, p2
The article focuses on the solid performance of the municipal bond market in 2014. Topics covered include the increase in demand due to historic decline in long-term yields, the value of the municipal market and the drop in yields on the 30-year benchmark triple-A general obligation bond. Also...
- Municipals Edge Higher Following Policy Announcement Front Fed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p2
Reports on trading in the municipal bond market in the U.S. on September 21, 2004. Changes in municipal bond yields; Raising of the federal funds rate; Activity in the primary market.
- Muni Prices Weaken Ahead of Next Week's $5.1B Calendar. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;10/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34399, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bond prices finished weaker on Friday, traders said, with yields from one to three basis points stronger.
- Muni Prices Flat as Yellen Speaks, Supply Hits. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/5/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34406, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were steady at mid-session, traders said, as a second wave of new issuance washed over the market on Wednesday.
- Muni Market Heading Into 'Comfortable' $9.1B Week. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
Muni issuance is set for a return to a more comfortable level after two of the biggest weeks of the year.
- Market Awaits Last of Week's New Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The municipal bond market is looking to snap up the last of the week's new issues on Thursday as traders carefully eye the direction of muni yields.
- Munis Firmer, Following Treasury Gains. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p2
The article reports on the Treasury market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. It showed some gains as the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note which opened at 4.47% finished at 4.35% while general reversal of the performance motion is evident. Trades reported by the Municipal...
- Municipals Firm in Late Trading; Merrill Wins $836M of Penn. GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p2
The U.S. municipal bond market firmed in late trading on May 20, 2003, reflecting strength in Treasuries, while in the competitive sector of the new-issue market financial services provider Merrill Lynch& Co. won 836 million dollars of Pennsylvania general obligation bonds. Treasuries spiked in...