Munis Unchanqed as Doldrums Set In
- Munis Surprise with Strong 2014. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/24/2014, Issue 34232, p1
Municipals delivered solid performance overall thanks to the strength of the long duration and high-yield segments.
- Munis Surprise with Strong 2014. Albano, Christine // Financial-planning.com;12/24/2014, p2
The article focuses on the solid performance of the municipal bond market in 2014. Topics covered include the increase in demand due to historic decline in long-term yields, the value of the municipal market and the drop in yields on the 30-year benchmark triple-A general obligation bond. Also...
- Municipals Edge Higher Following Policy Announcement Front Fed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p2
Reports on trading in the municipal bond market in the U.S. on September 21, 2004. Changes in municipal bond yields; Raising of the federal funds rate; Activity in the primary market.
- Market Awaits Last of Week's New Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The municipal bond market is looking to snap up the last of the week's new issues on Thursday as traders carefully eye the direction of muni yields.
- Muni Prices Weaken Ahead of Next Week's $5.1B Calendar. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;10/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34399, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bond prices finished weaker on Friday, traders said, with yields from one to three basis points stronger.
- Muni Prices Flat as Yellen Speaks, Supply Hits. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/5/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34406, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were steady at mid-session, traders said, as a second wave of new issuance washed over the market on Wednesday.
- Municipals Firm in Late Trading; Merrill Wins $836M of Penn. GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p2
The U.S. municipal bond market firmed in late trading on May 20, 2003, reflecting strength in Treasuries, while in the competitive sector of the new-issue market financial services provider Merrill Lynch& Co. won 836 million dollars of Pennsylvania general obligation bonds. Treasuries spiked in...
- Puerto Rico to Sell $2.3B by Year's End, Including $500M Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32435, p24
The article reports that Puerto Rico is preparing to enter the market with its more than $2.3 billion bonds, including a $500 million deal backed by a new credit-revenue stream of delinquent taxes. The $500 million issuance will be a new credit for the commonwealth, leveraging $2.9 billion of...
- Muni Secondary Ends Mixed Amid Concerns About Inflation, Tightening. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32232, p2
Reports on the completion of the municipal bond trading in the U.S. Sources of bonds with higher prices; Impact of inflation on the market; Implication of the results of the trading to the Federal Reserve.